🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No option found "Flag as inappropriate".
Page options
dhrobochaya
Community Member

No option found "Flag as inappropriate".

I have found a fraud client. After getting all job done and good review/ rating he starts dispure for all of the hours logged in. I want to report him but not found the option for  "Flag as inappropriate". Can anybody help me?

20 REPLIES 20
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you've already completed the job then it's too late to flag it as inappropriate. Did you log all of your hours correctly? Do you know why the client is requesting a refund?

Its really frustrating. I have no idea why he is asking for refund. He hired me 3 times, he was happy with the job quality and time management. He gave me 5 star ratting and so do I. Just after finishing 3rd contract he was requesting me to leave feedback as soon as possible. Just after geeting good rating from 3rd contract he started dispute for all contracts. He blocked me so I am unable to ask whats wrong is happening.

4 hours was logged in manually which was accepted by him. But in memo i didn't write any meaningful words, just wrote 2 hours added as adiscussed".

Isn't there any other way to report him?

ABM M wrote:

4 hours was logged in manually which was accepted by him. But in memo i didn't write any meaningful words, just wrote 2 hours added as adiscussed".

As was explained in detail in your other thread, it doesn't matter what the memo on manual time is, manual time will ALWAYS be refunded if a client disputes. 

You also can't report a client for filing a dispute....

I don't want o report him for making dispute i want to report him because I feel he is fraud. I should let the upwork know about him since I cant warn other freelancer by feedback (good feedback already given).

Hi ABM, 

It looks like you already have an open dispute ticket regarding your concern. I would recommend that you communicate directly with the team with more information about the issue so that they can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5b248a9c
Community Member

freelancer that applied to a job i had posted some works claiming they are his when they are actually not , they are works from popular artists ,
now I CANNT FIND THE REPORT BUTTON TO REPORT THEM , that literally doesnt exist , please help

Jean: Navigate to the freelancer profile page. Click on the Three Dots icon. Then select "Flag as Inappropriate."

how do i navigate to their profile from the applicants window?? i can only click on their name which shows their proposal and profile , i can click on 3 dots icon but there's only: -archive -save candidate -decline candidate there's no report button anywhere

i recently made a new job and got about 12 proposals 5 of them are scammers who use popular artists work as their own and they advertise it as their own work in their profiles , the issue is i can't report them , there is no ''report'' button , i was told to go to their profile and click the 3 dots and i will find it there but i cant , clicking the 3 dots shows: -archive -save candidate -decline candidate , i've been dancing around their profiles for an hour and a half now and honestly it seems that the report button is purposely buried somewhere to prevent people from reporting these scammers , that if the button even exists in the first place. please tell me where i can find it , or file a support ticket for me so i can speak directly to someone about this , it really shouldn't be that hard. thanks in advance.

Sorry, I can't help with where to find the button, I struggle every time.

And then the reports get closed with no action despite the breach of rules. It is not just here but in other similar places too.

Similarly, the prevalence of illegal jobs and activities is on the rise too. The other day in two days I got 5 requests for free work. Calling it "Test" or "Demo" is disingenuous at best seeing I would not be doing this work for that person if they didn't ask - and make it a stipulation that I must do it or no longer be a contender for the job. Reporting changes nothing.

On one such place, a lady shows her Copyscape reports, her Gig, and the clones but nothing gets done.

If Freelance places don't clean house they will soon be sued or simply have worse reputations than they already have. Doesn't help us today though.

🙂

i agree benedict . this is very unprofessional , such fake proposals are covering actual real good freelancers with their scams , the crazy thing is , some of these scammers are TOP RATED somehow
petra_r
Community Member

You need to actually go to the actual profile itself, not the proposal.

flag as inapropriate.png

5b248a9c
Community Member

i know Petra , i know i need to go to the main profile , but no one is telling me how to do that , even searching for them directly doesn't show their profiles!
5b248a9c
Community Member

Guys!!! with all respect to the staff here , HOW DO I GET TO A FREELANCERS PROFILE FROM THE PROPOSAL WINDOW??? HOW HARD IS IT TO KNOW SOMETHING SO SIMPLE ????!!! , IT'S LIKE YOU GUYS ARE DEFENDING THESE SCAMMERS , I JUST WANT TO REPORT THEM , WHY DO I HAVE TO JUMP AROUND THE SITE FOR 4 HOURS SEARCHING FOR A REPORT BUTTON . CAN I GET A RESPONSE PLEASE?????
petra_r
Community Member

Jean, generally just clicking on the name brings you to the profile. I don't have a current job post so can't double check, but that is how it works under saved freelancers. Their names appear green in the list and a simple click brings me to their profile, where you'll find the three dots and the "flag as inappropriate" function.

If clicking on the name does not bring up the profile, try saving them, because in the saved talent list that's absolutely how it works.

5b248a9c
Community Member

omg finally , apparently i cant report them directly , i have to save their profile then report them from there , i don't understand why it's like though , thanks for the help

would love to hear a reply soon , cant find anything in the forums about this

Hi Jean,

Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can check with the team? Please click on my name to send a PM. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5b248a9c
Community Member

SCAMMER FREELANCERS.
so i've recently posted a job asking for a realistic 3D character model and got some scammers who use popular artists work as their own 

performing a simple reverse image search on these 2 artworks they claim to be their own shows these:

**Edited for community guidelines**

the fact that some of these people are top rated is crazy to me , can someone please do something about these people? i confronted them and most of them blocked me right away and said that i was lying , i tried reporting them to a staff here called 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for reporting this, Jean. 

I've gathered all the information you've provided and escalated it to the correct team for their review.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths