🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No option to select miletsones
Page options
dsmgdesign
Community Member

No option to select miletsones

Hello, 

I noticed that on some of the small fixed-price contracts, there is no "how would you like to be paid...by project or by milestone" option...so I can't select this and can't enter milestones. Is it because it's too small for milestones? What is the minimum? 

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

David S M wrote:

I noticed that on some of the small fixed-price contracts, there is no "how would you like to be paid...by project or by milestone" option...so I can't select this and can't enter milestones. Is it because it's too small for milestones? What is the minimum? 

I am not sure what the official minimum for milestones is. It might (not sure though, just from what I saw) be $ 100.

Mine is $ 1500. I MAY consider milestones for $ 1000 but rarely less. Anything less can be done as a "paid by project" and does not need fuffing about over peanuts.  Multiple milestones (unless big enough) require client action and hold up projects and waste my time.

kfarnell
Community Member

It doesn't appear to be consistent. Milestones haven't been possible on a few projects I've bid on during recent weeks. I forget the exact amounts but the lowest would have been $400+ and most $1k+.

I actually do work with milstones for smaller projects - not always from the money point of view but because it's useful to define tasks and dates. Being unable to do so is a real nuisance.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. But I really just want to know what Upwork set as the official minimum.

Petra R wrote:

David S M wrote:

I am not sure what the official minimum for milestones is. It might (not sure though, just from what I saw) be $ 100.

Mine is $ 1500. I MAY consider milestones for $ 1000 but rarely less. Anything less can be done as a "paid by project" and does not need fuffing about over peanuts.  Multiple milestones (unless big enough) require client action and hold up projects and waste my time.

Thanks for sharing your opnion. But I am really just looking for Upwork's official minimum. 

David S M wrote:

Thanks for sharing your opnion. But I am really just looking for Upwork's official minimum. 

It took me less than 5 minutes to determine that it is indeed $100. Very easy to figure out using the filters.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members