🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No payment In contract except Bonus
Page options
f09c2181
Community Member

No payment In contract except Bonus

1 of my client is asking to pay me in terms of a Bonus only. We will create a contract on an hourly basis, But we are not going to log anything. The client will pay me the amount in advance as a bonus only. So please assist me with the below questions:

1. If I didn't receive any amount except bonus, Will The feedback get displayed on the profile after the completion of the contract?
2. Is there any option on Upwork to file a dispute for the Bonus amount?

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

1 Unsure is bonus included. It may be hidded as 0 amount.

2 Yes, client able to dispute it. Real time almost protected. Look like client trying to scam you, be aware. I see no reason to replace real time with bonus payment, something wrong there.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. Yes. It does not matter if it's fixed, hourly or bonus. 

2. No, bonuses are not payment protected. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If the client is telling you not to log any time, then you should be very suspicious. He could reverse the payment and you won't be able to do anything about it.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there any option on Upwork to file a dispute for the Bonus amount?"

No.

re: "If I didn't receive any amount except bonus, Will The feedback get displayed on the profile after the completion of the contract?"

Yes.

This arrangement is totally fine for the freelancer as long as the client is 100% honest.

yofazza
Community Member
ericaandrews
Community Member

Sounds like a scam:  Because you are so new to Upwork, I would recommend only accepting this type of arrangement unless you truly already know the client PERSONALLY (maybe outside of Upwork) because you could deliver the work and the client could arbitrarily decide to REVERSE the bonus money paid to you through a bank 'chargeback', in which case you will lose all the money, be paid nothing, and will have worked for free.   The fact that the client is not willing to at least pay milestones through a normal contract process is a huge red flag to me, and it seems like a typical scam when a fraudster tries to entice a new, naive freelancer into doing the work by creating the appearance of an 'up-front' and 'immediate' payment that is later snatched back.   If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members