🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why can’t I find the section to submit fixed ...
Page options
jasminetin
Community Member

No payment for work done

Hi,

I'm here for a dispute. My client has not responded with his feedback at all after I delivered a first draft of the work we agreed upon and it's been almost 3 weeks already. He originally said he was happy with the direction that I've given him only to turn around and said he thinks it's not right and would consult his 'mentor' before getting back to me, which he hasn't yet. I've notified him that he needs to pay for the work done which is 50% of the contract fee but no response from him received. Please advise what I need to do. 

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jasmine,

You will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you by going to My Jobs > My Jobs > Submit Work. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lucioric
Community Member

Hi. You should raise a ticket with the Upwork support, having available the ID of the contract where the issue is, and the client's name.

Best regards.

OK, should I still go ahead and submit my work for payment at the same time?

Jasmine T wrote:

This is an open forum with mainly other freelancers giving advice or comments. Be aware that not all advice is good advice.

There is absolutely nothing to report to CS here, just click the submit for payment button as suggested, and you will be paid automatically.

Hi,

The Upwork support desk is super frustrating. I want to file a dispute with my client on an active contract but every time I go to the page and click through, it takes me to a chatbot which takes me back to the page anyway. It’s so frustrating!!! Where can I find the **bleep** section where I can file a dispute? This is the page that keeps taking me back in loop: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528

Hi Jasmine,

To clarify, if a client closes a fixed-price contract with funds in Escrow and request for those funds to be refunded to them, the freelancer will be asked to either approve that refund or dispute. If the contract is still open and work on the milestone has been completed, the freelancer can submit it and request payment, the client will then have 14 days to review work.

In your case, please allow the client to review work you submitted and get back to you. If they take no action, the payment will be automatically released to you 14 days after you submitted the work. Make sure you don't resubmit as it resets the clock. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks I appreciate your kind tone and manner in your reply

Jasmine T wrote:
The Upwork support desk is super frustrating. I want to file a dispute with my client 

Why would you want to file a dispute? Simply properly submit the work for payment if you haven't done so in the first place.

Once you have done that, the money in Escrow (and ONLY the money in Escrow) will be released to you when the client approves the request or after 14 days, whatever comes sooner.

There is nothing to dispute and nothing to contact Support about. Instead of swearing and wanting to dispute, it would be a really good idea to familiarize yourself with how the workflow works. 

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

OK. I forgot Upwork is based in the States so what I said counts as swearing. I’d prefer not to wait for 14 days as I do need the money because of current climate but I guess I’ve got no choice. The article on the Support page is misleading though as it outlined a method to dispute an active contract too but if there isn’t an option to actually dispute an active fixed contract then the section in that Support page should be updated or removed.
tlbp
Community Member

Jasmine T wrote:
OK. I forgot Upwork is based in the States so what I said counts as swearing. I’d prefer not to wait for 14 days as I do need the money because of current climate but I guess I’ve got no choice. The article on the Support page is misleading though as it outlined a method to dispute an active contract too but if there isn’t an option to actually dispute an active fixed contract then the section in that Support page should be updated or removed.

You can't force a client to pay you without providing them with the time frame to which you agreed when you chose to begin using Upwork. You should really read through all of the Upwork help articles so that you have a better understanding of how to get paid. Otherwise, you will end up with bad reviews from clients who have been "disputed" when there is nothing to dispute. 

tlbp
Community Member

Jasmine T wrote:

Upwork cannot help you get paid and there is nothing to dispute if you have failed to formally request payment using the appropriate processes. Submit the work and request payment, then the client has 14 days to decide whether to pay or formally request changes. Do not hit re-submit while you wait or you will reset the 14-day countdown. 

petra_r
Community Member

Lucio Ricardo M wrote:

Hi. You should raise a ticket with the Upwork support,

No, she  should not.

She should submit the work for payment as she has already been advised. There is no need and no point contacting support who will ony tell her to follow the correct process she should have followed in the first place, which is to submit through the contract. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths