🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No positive or no responses whatsoever & no i...
Page options
prismitsys
Community Member

No positive or no responses whatsoever & no invites for agencies

We are an agency with respectable ratings and It has been observed since the new policy rollout that invites for agencies have dried up to null.

Its been like around 8 weeks since we have not received a single invite.

On the other hand, a few other freelancers around and whom we know are receiving good responses and consistent invites.

Also, we tried everything from lowering our prices to using up more connects for bidding to experience no change.

Our stats are going down day by day for no valid reasons.

Is Upwork weeding out agencies altogether?

Is this an end of road for agencies on Upwork as it seems only the freelancers are being benefitted for now.

Does Upwork have a roadmap to address this issue?

16 REPLIES 16
martina_plaschka
Community Member

James wrote:

We are an agency with respectable ratings and It has been observed since the new policy rollout that invites for agencies have dried up to null.

Its been like around 8 weeks since we have not received a single invite.

On the other hand, a few other freelancers around and whom we know are receiving good responses and consistent invites.

Also, we tried everything from lowering our prices to using up more connects for bidding to experience no change.

Our stats are going down day by day for no valid reasons.

Is Upwork weeding out agencies altogether?

Is this an end of road for agencies on Upwork as it seems only the freelancers are being benefitted for now.

Does Upwork have a roadmap to address this issue?

So your premise is upwork is actively telling clients not to hire agencies. Proof?

No that is not what am trying to point out.

But this clearly signifies, that Upwork is not recommending or displaying Agency profiles to be invited when someone posts a job and is looking to hire some good talent.

If you think that my above statement is wrong, kindly provide me a proof proving its not that way round.

tlbp
Community Member

James wrote:

No that is not what am trying to point out.

But this clearly signifies, that Upwork is not recommending or displaying Agency profiles to be invited when someone posts a job and is looking to hire some good talent.

If you think that my above statement is wrong, kindly provide me a proof proving its not that way round.

So you aren't making sales and your only theory is that it must be the platform's fault?

Maybe a new, better competitor entered the market. 

hoyle_editing
Community Member

I was under the impression that invites are now very limited for clients (3 i think?) compared to before when they could invite anyone.

I find invites have gone down now (although i get a few once every few weeks which i assume is because of profile rotation on services searches).

As for proposals not getting responses, cant say im sure - maybe the clients are prefering other candidates, maybe your being relegated to the "unsuitable" pile - either way i find myself needing to send MORE proposals now with the new system than i did before (which strangely is strangely the complete opposite of what Upowrk claimed the new system would do)

Thanks Jonatha,

Yes I do understand that the number of invites a client can send across is just 3 now. But then in that case, the invites should go down and not totally stop.

It is my personal observation that all freelancers do receive invites (even those whose profiles are not as good). Though the number is way to less comparatively, but they still do recive invites.

With our profile, this figure is null for the past few months. Like not a single invite. That compells me to believe that Upwork is only displaying/recommending Agency profiles in recommendations.

Also, yes the outcome of what they had stated, is completely opposite. 

For the fact that Upwork has started charging clients big time like $500.00 per month for an enterprise client (if am not wrong) if he/she wishes to avail all those services which they used to get for free until now.

Due to this a large number of clients have moved out of Upwork. Unless Upwork does not revise its policies, the outcome is going to be pretty much devastating as one will hardly find genuine clients around.

WOW - i had no idea they were charging clients in the region of $500 no wonder there are less jobs being posted by clients!!!

As for your situation, as said - yes i get occasional invites so im not sure why you are not getting any. Perhaps its just bad luck and the odd time that you have been in the rankings you have been overlooked?

Clients can pay $30 to have their post featured so they can invite more than 3. Or they need to pay a $50 or $500 per month plan.

Invites ceased for many people...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
tlbp
Community Member

Rene K wrote:
Clients can pay $30 to have their post featured so they can invite more than 3. Or they need to pay a $50 or $500 per month plan.

What are the differences between the $50 or $500 per month plans, volume?

petra_r
Community Member

Tonya P wrote:

Rene K wrote:

What are the differences between the $50 or $500 per month plans, volume?

New Client Plans

prismitsys
Community Member

The primary difference is number of invites they can send, and the ability to select premium service providers and a few reporting features - all of which was available for free previously and all of which is free on various other Upwork competitor portals.

Ridiculous.

Jonathan H wrote:

WOW - i had no idea they were charging clients in the region of $500 no wonder there are less jobs being posted by clients!!!

As for your situation, as said - yes i get occasional invites so im not sure why you are not getting any. Perhaps its just bad luck and the odd time that you have been in the rankings you have been overlooked?

I have never heard the $500 figure mentioned before. I'm not sure that is accurate. 

Yes, i agree - where would all the $5 jobs come from if the clients had to pay 500

sure, maybe its just an option, but not for all clients.

I'm a client and I pay nothing. Although I only get to use 3 invites.

Jamie F wrote:

I'm a client and I pay nothing. Although I only get to use 3 invites.

Me too. That's the free plan. Only three invites, or you need to have your post featured ($30) if you want more.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Tonya P wrote:

Jonathan H wrote:

I have never heard the $500 figure mentioned before. I'm not sure that is accurate. 

It's accurate - it says right here that the "Business" plan is $499/month. https://www.upwork.com/blog/2019/06/new-client-membership-plans/

I was just reading about what's included with each plan, and I'm surprised that even the Basic plan claims that clients get "Verified freelancer work history and reviews." Since when does Upwork verify anyone's work history?

Verified?? Maybe thats refering to the dodgy video call at registration?

What is a verified review over a non-verified review? maybe the un verified freelancers are the ones that get put in the imaginary folder of unsuitable applicants 😉

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members