🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No reply on my Ticket for 5 days now.
Page options
imranbcs
Community Member

No reply on my Ticket for 5 days now.

Hello,

I have an open Ticket regarding payment issue, and it's been 5 days now since I received the first and last message by the Upwork Team. I know it's not normal to take this long. Need someone to address this issue.

More details: The Issue is about a Milestone, which was cancelled by upwork and the contract was also ended by upwork. The client says he has no idea what happened and that the work I provided was perfect but it wasn't him who cancelled the milestone or the upwork and that he had opened a Ticket to upwork as well.

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Muhammad.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
imranbcs
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Muhammad.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

No Problem Bojan. I have got a reply now and will be responding there. Thank you for your help.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad I wrote:

More details: The Issue is about a Milestone, which was cancelled by upwork and the contract was also ended by upwork. The client says he has no idea what happened and that the work I provided was perfect but it wasn't him who cancelled the milestone or the upwork and that he had opened a Ticket to upwork as well.

So why doesn't the client (provided their account is not suspended) simply pay you?

A closed contract can not be re-opened and a canceled milestone with the money having gone back to the payment method they came from can not be recreated.

The only person who can pay you is the client.

imranbcs
Community Member

wrote:

Muhammad I wrote:

So why doesn't the client (provided their account is not suspended) simply pay you?

A closed contract can not be re-opened and a canceled milestone with the money having gone back to the payment method they came from can not be recreated.

The only person who can pay you is the client.

The client wasn't Suspended at the time, and according to him he was debited with the amount by Upwork. This is the first time such thing happened so I didn't know what actually happened and so I came here to inquire about the situation which is when Bojan(The Moderator) opened a Ticket for me right away.

The client kept on respoding for a couple of days after this incident but hasn't been replying now(although there is always an orange circle with his name, indicating that he is online but away from his computer or just the browser). Don't know if Suspended accounts are shown online or they are logged out and shown offline(Grey Circle). But as per Upwork(through the Ticket), he is suspended now for violating upwork TOS. As for the payment, it seems to be a long lost history now with the sad part that the client got his work done already(before he got suspended) but the freelancer(me) didn't get paid.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad I wrote:

But as per Upwork(through the Ticket), he is suspended now for violating upwork TOS.

Unfortunately that means you won't get paid.

imranbcs
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Muhammad I wrote:

But as per Upwork(through the Ticket), he is suspended now for violating upwork TOS.

Unfortunately that means you won't get paid.

Haha, yes but no worries, it happens in life. And I don't blame upwork either. I was actually worried about money stolen, not about money cancelled. I couldn't comprehend the fact that Upwork had actually debited the amount(as per the client's claim) but didn't pay the freelancer. If such thing had happened then the worry was about the future payment as well. But knowing upwork this long and it being happening for the very first time(and of course only to me) I now have the peace of mind that upwork probably did the right thing.

I do however would like upwork to take preemtive steps instead of cancelling milestones halfway(or at the end), because for a common freelancer "A milestone(and Amount in Escrow)" is just like the money in a safe zone, if they know they are going to be providing quality work.

Also, Upwork did all this silent without the freelancer knowing what actually happened. It would have been way better that Upwork had informed the freelancer when they took this action so that the freelancer knew what actually happened and that he shouldn't have gone here and there for answers, along with the fact that he waited around 5 days to get a reasonable reply and to really understand what actually happened.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad I wrote:

Also, Upwork did all this silent without the freelancer knowing what actually happened. It would have been way better that Upwork had informed the freelancer when they took this action so that the freelancer knew what actually happened and that he shouldn't have gone here and there for answers, along with the fact that he waited around 5 days to get a reasonable reply and to really understand what actually happened.

I agree.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths