Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from client

pattrue
Ace Contributor
Patricia T Member Since: May 28, 2017
1 of 7

I accepted an offer from a client on the 27th July and he said I would start the project the following week. To date I have not heard a word from him. How long can I leave this open please?

lukepotgieter
Luke P Member Since: Dec 27, 2016
2 of 7

Hi Patricia,

If you contacted the client at least a few times, I would suggest you don't wait too long. Of course it's not good to end contracts as a freelancer, but if you have had several contracts in the past that have been inactive and ended without feedback, it will affect your JSS. Maybe keep it open for another week or two, as I don't think that will make too great a difference. However, if I were you, I would end that contract by the end of the month - there would be no point to wait any longer then.

Regards,

Luke

pattrue
Ace Contributor
3 of 7

Thank you Luke P

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Patricia,

Please try communicating with your client and if you don't hear back from them, you can consider closing the job within the next few weeks. Going forward, make sure you discuss the job scope, terms, client's expectations and time line in detail before accepting an offer, to minimize the chances of having the same outcome as with this contract.

Untitled
pattrue
Ace Contributor
5 of 7

Vladmir,

The client said he was to send out emails to his clients and the job would start the following week. I have sent him messages via Upwork messenger but have not received any response. Details of the job was quite clear and now Im in the dark as the client does not respond to my messages. It is a tiny job, only 15 calls to be made wrt research and within one week. He said he was sending out the email, maybe he did not receive the response he wanted that does happen in research. It would just be nice to get an answer even if it is "job still on going" or something to that effect. Otherwise I"m a happy Upwork freelancer.

Vladmir, the other question I have is I see Upwork has now shown my profile as 95% complete as I need to show a certificate. Do you maybe know how long I have to do this certification please? 

Thank you in advance

PS Reading your comment again, I did not discuss the timeline thank you so much for that piece of advice I will use it in future

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

You need to be very careful going forward as between the no-feedback given and lukewarm to poor feedback your JSS, when you get it, is likely going to be really quite poor...

You can not afford any more unsuccessful outcomes...

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Patricia,

Please note that you don't need to add a certificate and can complete your profile by adding a Portfolio item or taking another skill test and displaying the results.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS