🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No response from the client after subscribing...
Page options
mrjohnlim
Community Member

No response from the client after subscribing the membership plan and buy connects.

I got a feeling, not really because it is very obvious. 

Since I was started subscribing this membership plan, I buy additional connects and submitted 70+ proposals and the funny is I got no response from the client and it wasted my money and time efforts. I believed that there's no problem with my proposal since I compose it based on the job description and Id make sure that I am capable of the skills and sometimes I provide a sample in the attachment.

The pop annoys me after my connect is getting lo to "YOUR OUT OF CONNECTS, PLEASE BUY ADDITIONAL CONNECTS." something like that.

Please tell me what's wrong, or there's something wrong with my profile. Please give me advice.

Thanks,

John

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

John Rey L wrote:

Hello John,

Good day.

Yes, I studied programming but I want to start with data entry since I am a beginner here in the platform. But I keep on learning new things so that I can use it to step up my career as a freelancer.

Thank you for responding to my topic.

Regards,

John

----------------

If you are referring to being a beginning FREELANCER that has nothing to do with the skills and qualifications you have. As long as you know how this site works and what to look out for (scammers) you'll be fine. 

If you are looking for data entry jobs, or research jobs, you are competing against hundreds of other freelancers. Unless you have a special skill or niche you aren't going to stand out much. As John pointed out, you have a degree in programming. That's where you should put an effort in, looking for programming jobs. You can start small. picking out small programming jobs that you have the skills for and feel qualified to complete. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
akbgill
Community Member

It can be painful for any freelancer. I think you have to try time and again.

akbgill
Community Member

I also see your 60 proposal are active. It can be possible you will hire. I was hired in this week on a job which was posted in Mid of May. My proposal on this job was also in May. So, Don't worry! Wait and see what happened...

yitwail
Community Member

John, according to your profile, you have a B.S. degree and studied programming so perhaps you should look for something besides data entry work. Regardless, plus membership doesn’t make it more likely clients will accept your proposals. On the plus side, Upwork no longer suspends freelancers for sending too many proposals, so you can keep buying connects, but you might get a better return on the money you spend by applying to jobs paying more than $3/hr.

Hello John,

Good day.

Yes, I studied programming but I want to start with data entry since I am a beginner here in the platform. But I keep on learning new things so that I can use it to step up my career as a freelancer.

Regards,

John

kat303
Community Member

John Rey L wrote:

Hello John,

Good day.

Regards,

John

----------------

If you are referring to being a beginning FREELANCER that has nothing to do with the skills and qualifications you have. As long as you know how this site works and what to look out for (scammers) you'll be fine. 

If you are looking for data entry jobs, or research jobs, you are competing against hundreds of other freelancers. Unless you have a special skill or niche you aren't going to stand out much. As John pointed out, you have a degree in programming. That's where you should put an effort in, looking for programming jobs. You can start small. picking out small programming jobs that you have the skills for and feel qualified to complete. 

There is a lot more competition for low end jobs, and you have less "different" or "special" about you when compared to other more experienced freelancers offering data entry.

If you're just starting out and feel you may not be as quick as a more experienced freelancer for a coding job, then go for the flat rate ones to give yourself a little more time to complete your tasks. Another trick is to add (urgent OR immediate) to your searches, and apply for jobs where the client might be willing to risk a less experienced worker to meet a deadline.

By applying for low-rate jobs you're setting yourself up to deal with low-rate clients. While some of these may be from poorer countries, in many cases it's just a sign that they don't respect their workers very much.

I thought very much like you when I first started on Upwork and applied for low-end admin work, even though I'm an experienced writer. I never got any of those jobs, but I'm now a top-rated freelancer in my writing niche and do fairly well as far as rates go.

Upwork will always tend to pay a little less than working for clients directly, but will never pay a lot less unless you allow it to. As a n00b freelancer where it can help is you can rapidly build up a visible record of successful work to show prospective clients both on and off Upwork.

Hello Abrar,

Good day.

Yes! Yes! Stay positive 🙂

Regards,

John

tlsanders
Community Member

If you submitted 70+ proposals, it sounds like the problem is that you are randomly applying to far too many jobs instead of focusing on the ones that are a really great fit.

Hello Tifanny,
Good day.

Before I apply to the job I make sure that I am fit base on my skills and best of my abilities and I'd make it sure that I am able to do the job based on the job description. Every connects that I have is precious to me. I can't submit a random proposal because it is painful and wasting of connects. I am focused on my role as a data analyst and data entry.

I think I should improve my profile.

Tiffany, please give me tips on how to win and to be successful here in Upwork.

Thank you...
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths