Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No responses to Job proposals

george_arun
Arun G Member Since: Aug 22, 2016
1 of 4

Hi Guys,

I am new to upwork and have submitted about 10 proposals today. I don't have any responses yet and am worried if its an issue with my profile being incomplete or if there's something else i've done wrong. Any help from the pros would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Arun George

shummas
Ace Contributor
Shummas H Member Since: Jul 2, 2016
2 of 4

Hello Arun. 

You see, writing impressive cover letters is important. But even before that, you need to create an impressive profile. From my observation, you profile doesn't look promising enough. 

The first thing that you must consider doing, is to change your display picture. In order to attract clients you must have a high resolution shot of your smiling face, looking directly into the camera. That would reflect professionalism and reliability. As you might notice, this is what most succesful freelancers do here. 

Secondly, your description seems good enough. However, I would suggest you to expand your portfolio. Add more samples of your previous work. 

Thirdly, consider taking Upwork skill tests that are relevant to your area of work. They add credibility in everything that you claim. In case you score low, just hide the result from your profile, conduct some research and take the test again. Make it visible only if you land somewhere among the top 30% test takers in that particular skill. 

Lastly, learn to write impressive cover letters. Copy/pasted templates in which freelancers talk endlessly about their skills rarely ever work. Instead, adopt a "YOU" approach. In your cover letters, you must focus on the client's needs and not too much on your own qualifications. This is what clients find impressive.

ana_vugrinec
Ace Contributor
Ana V Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
3 of 4

You would have to check with UpWork if your profile is credible or not, but, since you can submit propposals, I believe that you are ok to go. As for the clients not responding right away, don't worry about that, get used to waiting even up to a couple of weeks untill you recieve an answer. 

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 4

It's Monday afternoon in the east, Monday morning in the middle, and the middle of the night on Sunday in the west. Give people a chance to have their coffee and Sugar Puffs... before they review proposals.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS