🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No responses to proposals
Page options
speedeee
Community Member

No responses to proposals

I am new to Upwork and I have submitted 18 proposals already. However, None of my proposals have gotten responses. When I look under "my stats" it shows that my profile was viewed 0 times by clients. I did submit about 5 or 6 proposals before my account was verified but I have submitted more after my account was verified and still haven't gotten any responses. I was wondering why none of my proposals are getting views.

3 REPLIES 3
troyesit
Community Member

Hi, Welcome to UpWork platform.

Don't worry if you don't get any reply. Soon you will get reply as well as the project.

But you will have to follow the right strategy. First, complete your profile. Add portfolio etc.

Before bidding research a lot. As you are a new freelancer so don't bid on a project which costs more than 50 USD. 

Always read carefully the description and never copy-paste proposal. 

Show your work. Ask Questions related to the projects.

Give way of solutions to how you will perform.

Never try to sell your services to try to give solutions they will hire you surely.

Also, check if the employer is payment verified. In previous reviews find their name and mention in your bid detail.

Check hire rate it should be more than 80%.

Believe me, if you follow the above rule for sure you will get the project.

Read articles here on UpWork and on google about upwork bidding proposals. 

Never bid more than 2-3 bids in a day.

The above methods I have used and so far I have done with almost 10 projects and I am just few steps away to get a badh of Top Freelancer.

My Best Wishes to you Mate. 

Best of Luck. Keep trying.

Best Regards,

Ram

robin_hyman
Community Member

Beckett,

You're a graphic designer.  Upload examples of your work for your portfolio.  You might want to reconsider your photo.  To be blunt you look a tad young and very stiff.  The flag in the background doesn't help.  Try uploading a photo with a closer shot of a friendly, smiling face.  

Add more to your previous position including your accomplishments.  Make sure your profile stands out.  There are a ton of graphic designers on this platform.  Be optimistic!  

Good luck to you!

lu7hen
Community Member

Have some patience man. It is always tough to get your first job. I would like to suggest that you should start small project and keep connected.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths