🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No update from the client but the contract is...
Page options
kerwinmarkcasao
Community Member

No update from the client but the contract is active

Hi Good Day,

I have clients with active contracts on my account but the problem I never heard any updates and even never work it out. I contacted them several times but receive no reply.I need help to end it without affecting my stats

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kerwin:

Clients are not obligated to continue working with you.

If you have completed all of the tasks that a client asked you to do, and reported this fact to the client, then it is time to stop working.

It sounds like you have already done that.

If you have completed work on a contract and you are no longer in contact with the client, then you should certainly consider closing the contract.

The RIGHT time to close a contract is when you are still talking to a client, and you have her close the contract.

But if that is no longer feasible, then close contracts yourself, intermittently. As long as the contracts without feedback don't constitute too high a percentage of your jobs, you will be fine, without a hit to JSS.

kat303
Community Member

I'm a little confused by your post. 

Are you waiting for files to be given to you or information you need so you can start work?

Or,

Have you already done the required work and have you been paid for the work you did and delivered? (and are you waiting for more work?)

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kerwin, 

If you have open contracts, where there is no activity in it, I would recommend that you consider closing a contract or two every two weeks, contracts to help avoid creating a pattern of contracts without feedback.

You may read this help article to know how how these contracts will affect your score. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths