Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No update on JSS and Top Rated Eligible weeks

dumiarts
Dragos D Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
1 of 32

Hi!

I'm new here so please excuse me if I'm mistaking some things,

but I have completed over 4 jobs and why hasn't my Job Success Score shown up already, and says that it is not available yet?

Also, I finished every job with maximum ratings and at least one has been completed in every single week, so why hasn't my Top Rated Eligible weeks changed yet from 1 to 3? I know this is maybe too soon so complain about, but I've been waiting for this to change for at least 2 weeks now.

And in the first week I was rated as a Rising Talent and this has since then dissapeared, even though as I said, I completed maximum rated jobs every week.

Could please someone help?

astersanja
Sanja Z Member Since: Dec 1, 2016
2 of 32

My JSS dropped to 88% four weeks ago. In the meantime, I received feedback on 3 new jobs and had my long term clients percentage doubled ( that is supposed to benefit my JSS, right? ). When after the first two jobs my JSS remained unchanged, I guessed I had to wait for a while. Now, since the last update, I have closed one new contract and my long term clients % has doubled. Still no changes, my JSS remains stuck at 88%. So, obviously something is wrong with it and I want someone to take a look.

astersanja
3 of 32

Would someone answer to this? Supposedly, long-term contracts contribute positively to one' s JSS, but that is, apparently, not the case.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 32

@Sanja Z wrote:

Would someone answer to this? Supposedly, long-term contracts contribute positively to one' s JSS, but that is, apparently, not the case.

Your profile is set to private, so we can't take a look to try and work out what could be causing the issue.

astersanja
5 of 32

There is not much to be seen there that would be clarifying on this issue. I have 35 contracts, started working on UpWork in November, my JSS dropped from 96% to 88% four weeks ago. Since then, I have received 5.00 feedback on three contracts ( one of them closed today), all of my 35 contracts have 5.00 feedback, and my long-term clients % has just doubled from 4% to 8%. My "clients who would recommend you" percentage is 88%. And long-term contracts are supposed to contribute positively to one' s JSS, but it is not the case here. So I' m baffled. There is obviously some mistake here, or they are lying when they say that long- term contracts have a positive effect.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 32

It would appear that the Clients who'd reccommend you metric is the same as your JSS - which sounds as it should be.

Remember that public feedback is only a part of it, private feedback counts at least as heavily.

How about long term inactive contracts? A significant percentage of contracts that closed without feedback? Any contracts that started and ended without any money paid?

astersanja
7 of 32

Thanks Petra.

No, I do not have any inactive contracts. What I have is four long- term active contracts. The reason why my JSS dropped from 96% to 88% is that I had 2 contracts which ended without payment ( but that was 4 weeks ago, not in the meantime). I only have 3 contracts that ended without feedback- long ago. But the fact is that my JSS should have increased, since, in the meantime, my long- term clients % has doubled, and they keep saying that it contributes positively to one' s JSS. It is discouraging to see people artificially boosting their JSS by having their friends/ relatives/ themselves hire them, while those who play it fair are struggling to bring their JSS up in spite of all  their hard work. Something is wrong.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 32

Sanja, you keep saying that your JSS "should have" improved, but the fact is that you don't know all of the intricacies of how the algorithm works. Two jobs with no payment likely also mean very negative private feedback, which may weigh more heavily than the handful of ratings you've received since. You also don't know what kind of private feedback those recent 5-star clients left you. And, the more jobs you have, the less impact each new rating will have.

On top of that, you keep going on about your percentage of long term clients doubling, but it doubled from one single-digit number to another. It's still super-tiny, and may not yet have grown to the point of having any impact.

I think that you'll have better luck if you relax a bit about your JSS, stop trying to guess at/control the formula and just keep working. Obviously, the 88% has not inhibited your ability to get jobs. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
9 of 32

You probably lost a positive rating from a job that fell out of the 12-month window. Also, as others have mentioned, your clients who would recommend is below 90%. Plus, even though your long-term clients doubled, that is still only a 4% increase. Long-term clients can help your JSS but it is not a direct point for point exchange. Out of 35 jobs, 8% are long-term. Others have long-term percentages that are in the 20-50% range. 

astersanja
10 of 32

None of it could have fallen out of 12 months window as I have only been active here since November.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS