Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No update on JSS and Top Rated Eligible weeks

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 32

Then it fell out of your 3-month or 6-month window. Things happen, the algorithm doesn't work the way you are assuming it does and your JSS has fallen. No one can give you the exact answer. 

astersanja
Sanja Z Member Since: Dec 1, 2016
12 of 32

This is ridiculous. They can not fall out of the 6-month window ( and 3- month window does not exist as far as I know) as it gives the best score out of all the windows. This system awards the fraudsters in spite of all it says. And now I am supposed to accept that some crazy and impenetrable JSS system keeps my JSS stuck at 88% in spite of long- term contracts and contracts that ended in the meantime. Crazy. Ok, from now on I will be asking my long- term clients to send me a new contract for each new milestone ( some of them I have a great relationship with, so they would not mind) since having long- term contracts obviously counts for nothing!

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
13 of 32

Long term contracts absolutely count.  The thing is although the do give us transparency on some of the factors that go into JSS, but not all. So it could be one of the unknown factors that's affecting you. But to keep saying long term clients don't count is not accurate at all. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
14 of 32

@Sanja Z wrote:

Ok, from now on I will be asking my long- term clients to send me a new contract for each new milestone ( some of them I have a great relationship with, so they would not mind) since having long- term contracts obviously counts for nothing!

No, it doesn't. Having long-term RELATIONSHIPS counts. If your clients create a new contract for each milestone, that will be exactly the same for "percentage of long-term clients" as if they worked under one continuous contract. Your clients will probably get annoyed, though, that you want them to invest that extra time and effort between every milestone.

Is it possible for you to imagine, just as a hypothetical example, that the percentage of long-term contracts counts on a leveled basis, and perhaps "less than 10%" is the lowest level and your position did not change in moving from 4% to 8%?

astersanja
15 of 32

I know that, but at least they will give me feedback for each new contract. I do not know how 88% JSS will affect my ability to get hired, since, having these long- term contracts, I have not been really active in my search for new jobs. But what bothers me is that I do not see my good work being awarded.

tlsanders
Community Guru
16 of 32

@Sanja Z wrote:

But what bothers me is that I do not see my good work being awarded.

You're getting paid.

Your clients are returning to rehire you.

Those are the "awards" that matter. Your JSS will follow in time, if that trend continues.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 32

Long term contracts do not have an effect as such, especially if they have no activity for a longer time, in which case they actually count against your JSS.

It is NOT long term contracts that help, it is long term client relationships, and it doesn't matter whether it is one ongoing contract with several milestones or many contracts with the same client, it's the sustained relationships that count.

I doubt whether you have 4% or 8% long term clients makes a difference, both is below 10% which isn't high (mine's around 40% for example - give or take up and down)

astersanja
18 of 32

I have been working on these two contracts regularly since mid- March, having new milestones set and completing them each week. So that does not count as a long- term relationship?!

tlsanders
Community Guru
19 of 32

@Sanja Z wrote:

I have been working on these two contracts regularly since mid- March, having new milestones set and completing them each week. So that does not count as a long- term relationship?!

Yes, it does. Just exactly to the same degree that it would have if each of those milestones had been a separate contract. 

But, you have a very small percentage of long-term clients so far. 

astersanja
20 of 32

But if they gave me feedback for each of these new contracts that would not be exactly so, right? Their feedback would count towards my JSS instead of me having to wait for my long- term relationships percentage to build up.

Anyway, thank you,  everyone, for taking your time to answer my query. Perhaps I' m overreacting, perhaps not..it is just frustrating to see that my JSS is not moving up, especially considering that I got hired for these long- term contracts in the period when I was top rated with 96% JSS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS