Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No update on JSS and Top Rated Eligible weeks

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
21 of 32

@Sanja Z wrote:

But if they gave me feedback for each of these new contracts that would not be exactly so, right? Their feedback would count towards my JSS instead of me having to wait for my long- term relationships percentage to build up.

Yes, that's true to a degree, though I don't think that repeated ratings by the same client carry as much weight as fresh ratings.

The attempt at clarification was in response to your statement that long-term contracts didn't seem to count for anything.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 32

@Tiffany S wrote:

Yes, that's true to a degree, though I don't think that repeated ratings by the same client carry as much weight as fresh ratings.

That is an interesting theory... I have seen no sign that repeat client feedback counts less than new feedback, and it would go against the philosophy of rewarding continued client - freelancer relationships.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
23 of 32

@Dragos D wrote:

Hi!

I'm new here so please excuse me if I'm mistaking some things,

but I have completed over 4 jobs and why hasn't my Job Success Score shown up already, and says that it is not available yet?

Also, I finished every job with maximum ratings and at least one has been completed in every single week, so why hasn't my Top Rated Eligible weeks changed yet from 1 to 3? I know this is maybe too soon so complain about, but I've been waiting for this to change for at least 2 weeks now.

And in the first week I was rated as a Rising Talent and this has since then dissapeared, even though as I said, I completed maximum rated jobs every week.

Could please someone help?

It has to be at least 4 projects with 3 different clients.  Three out of the five projects are with the same client, so you don't qualify for JSS yet. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
petra_r
Community Guru
24 of 32

@Dragos D wrote:

Hi!

but I have completed over 4 jobs and why hasn't my Job Success Score shown up already, and says that it is not available yet?

It is 4 to ..? jobs, usually 5, only 4 in rare cases and it seems only when it's 4 big jobs, and they have to be from a minimum of 3 different clients.

If you lost your Rising Talent status then the eligible weeks will not increase, as they count only weeks of more than 90% JSS or Rising Talent status.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
25 of 32

@Petra R wrote:

@Dragos D wrote:

Hi!

It is 4 to ..? jobs, usually 5, only 4 in rare cases and it seems only when it's 4 big jobs, and they have to be from a minimum of 3 different clients. 

If you lost your Rising Talent status then the eligible weeks will not increase, as they count only weeks of more than 90% JSS or Rising Talent status.

I believe the 4/3 ratio is a minimum, but it could take more. Tha's the way I understand it anyway. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
petra_r
Community Guru
26 of 32

@Katrina B wrote:

I believe the 4/3 ratio is a minimum, but it could take more. Tha's the way I understand it anyway. 

Yeah, that's why I said 4 to (a number greater than 4) and "a minimum" of 3 different clients...

dumiarts
Dragos D Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
27 of 32

Oh, ok then, thank you.

Only one question remains though... Why did I lost my rising talent status, if nothing has gone wrong, below 5 stars?

petra_r
Community Guru
28 of 32

@Dragos D wrote:

Oh, ok then, thank you.

Only one question remains though... Why did I lost my rising talent status, if nothing has gone wrong, below 5 stars?

Reading between the lines I think the private feedback on one of the contracts lost you your Rising Talent Status.... It is only a guess but there does appear to have been a bit of a misunderstanding? 

dumiarts
Dragos D Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
29 of 32

I don't think so, but given the fact that I can't know for sure, I suppose that's the only logical explanation.

Thank you Petra.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
30 of 32

Dragos,

There are many criteria for hanging on to your Rising Talent badge. If there is any one that you have not met, this may account for your having lost it. Have a look here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent?flash_digest=ce18a57e7...

The same applies to being top rated. One of the criteria for this badge is that you need to have earned at least $1000 in a 12-month period:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS