🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No views on Profile and/or proposals - extrem...
Page options
f2ca3dea
Community Member

No views on Profile and/or proposals - extremely frustrated

Hi there,

I have sent out 20 proposals, but I have yet to get a view of any of them, let alone be accepted for a job.

I have completed my profile using examples from the forum, YouTube, and Upwork's expectations, but I have had no luck so far.

I can assure you that my cover letters are written with good grammar and spelling throughout.

It seems like I have to use 100 connects per week, which is getting extremely expensive for me as a jobless freelancer.

I can't help but wonder if I'm being scammed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Let me know if you have any thoughts or advice.

Best regards,

Ndumiso

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
513c0015
Community Member

Hi..i get my only project for now after 30 proposlas..there are few things you have to know..1)try to send proposals only to clients with verified paymant and some rate,on my opinion they are more safer..and in general its looks like fishing.you can make proposal to 5 min published order or few hours,its doesnot matter.Aspesialy in your case.I am about building.There is no rush.2)make your cover letter special.Its your only weapon to pay attention on you.I send about 50 proposals and opened by client was from 5 to7 3)As to me its circle of hell clients dont want to hire you cause you dont have rate and you dont have rate cause they dont hire you.try to catch your fish.Wish you luck.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
f2ca3dea
Community Member

Please help or should I just quite while I'm still ahead?

759e32fa

Hi Ndumiso,

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork
celgins
Community Member

You're not being scammed; that usually only happens on Upwork when you come in contact with a bad client. Since you have had no interactions with clients, you are dealing with a problem that many freelancers face--even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus freelancers.

It has been difficult for many freelancers to get profile views and responses to their proposals. The 20 proposals you've sent may seem like a large number, but freelancers often must send many more before landing their first job.

Keep applying for jobs that match your skills and qualifications by writing great cover letters. Not having the money to buy Connects can push many freelancers to quit and that is understandable, but don't let frustration drive you out.

513c0015
Community Member

Hi..i get my only project for now after 30 proposlas..there are few things you have to know..1)try to send proposals only to clients with verified paymant and some rate,on my opinion they are more safer..and in general its looks like fishing.you can make proposal to 5 min published order or few hours,its doesnot matter.Aspesialy in your case.I am about building.There is no rush.2)make your cover letter special.Its your only weapon to pay attention on you.I send about 50 proposals and opened by client was from 5 to7 3)As to me its circle of hell clients dont want to hire you cause you dont have rate and you dont have rate cause they dont hire you.try to catch your fish.Wish you luck.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths