🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No way to trully report a scammer
Page options
cecabb
Community Member

No way to trully report a scammer

Good day, good people! 

I was a victim of a scammer, but when I try to report that client - no way to get live support. Just bot popping up with more and more "helpful articles"
I've sent a proposal for a job  "small VA task" and the client responded very quickly, asking to write a short, professional review of his software on some G2 site. As those reviews need to be approved manually by G2 site admins. The client said he will pay only for approved reviews. I was aware of the risk of doing something without an open contract, but as I had nothing better to do at the moment - I wrote... 3 reviewers one after another (different software, different on different sites). I was absent for the weekend, and this morning I realized that the interview room was deleted, and the job post closed.  I don't care about money - I really spent less than half an hour, but I could see that he was interviewing more than 200 people... So I guess they all have been scammed. The saddest thing is that I can not find a way to report him, and save other freelancers, as whatever I try - I just get boot's answer on chat... 
At this point, it's not about money - I just hate being scammed. That's why I had found the contacts on the subject software sites and sent them some nice e-mails 😈. I wanted to share my experience with the community, hoping fewer people get scammed. 
Lesson: big NO for delivering anything before the contract is open. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Svetlana A wrote:

Lesson 2: Don't write fake reviews in the first place. That's scamming people who use such reviews to make buying decisions.

You don't need to report the client because Upwork has already taken them down for violating the terms of service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Svetlana A wrote:

Lesson 2: Don't write fake reviews in the first place. That's scamming people who use such reviews to make buying decisions.

You don't need to report the client because Upwork has already taken them down for violating the terms of service.

cecabb
Community Member

So true dear Petra, so true... 🙄

pgiambalvo
Community Member

So sorry this happened to you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths