🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: No webcam--and money isn't showing up in ...
Page options
david-tenner
Community Member

No webcam--and money isn't showing up in bank

I uploaded my photo ID but I do not have a webcam and cannot get access to one before today (the verification deadline) is over.  Also, I completed a job on November 6, the money is supposed to be in the bank by November 11, but my bank information online today gives no indication of it, even as pending.  Will I still get it if I am suspended?  Please help--this is fairly urgent for me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi David,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you initiated today was just successfully processed on our end. Processing time varies from bank to bank but usually takes between 2 and 5 days. 

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

David T wrote:

Also, I completed a job on November 6, the money is supposed to be in the bank by November 11, but my bank information online today gives no indication of it, even as pending. 

If you completed the job on the 6th, there is no way the money would be in your bank account today because even if the client immediately released it, because you can only withdraw it (manually) 5 days afterward (the security period.)

You can see where it is on your Reports > Overview - it is either in Pending or Available. If it is in Available, you can withdraw it.

If it’s not “available” until after I am placed on hold, will I still be able to withdraw it? And meanwhile, I am not sure how I can comply with your new requirements—I don’t have a webcam, not does my local library.

David:

MANY Upwork users do not have a webcam.

A webcam may be the simplest way to do video verification, but there are many other ways to do it (including cell phones). You can talk to Upwork and explain your situation and they will work with you.

The good news is that you live in Chicago, where there is no shortage of ways to communicate over the Internet with images, including places to buy web cams, public libraries (not the one closest to your house, but another one nearby), Internet cafes, temporary work spaces, friends with laptops that have built-in cameras, most cell phones and tablets manufactured during the last 15 years, etc.

Hi David,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you initiated today was just successfully processed on our end. Processing time varies from bank to bank but usually takes between 2 and 5 days. 

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

David T wrote:

Also, I completed a job on November 6, the money is supposed to be in the bank by November 11, but my bank information online today gives no indication of it, even as pending. 

If you completed the job on the 6th, there is no way the money would be in your bank account today because even if the client immediately released it, because you can only withdraw it (manually) 5 days afterward (the security period.)

You can see where it is on your Reports > Overview - it is either in Pending or Available. If it is in Available, you can withdraw it.

Also, yesterday was a US bank holiday, so that will probably delay deposits by one extra day.

Learning Paths