🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No weekly salary
Page options
rapnav205
Community Member

No weekly salary

Hi Ma'am/ Sir, I have a problem on my upwork account, I've worked last week and didn't have available salary to get paid on, or even on pending section, my contract says that my salary is fixed per week my salary always show on available during saturday but it's already monday and no salary is showing, can somebody check what is happening on my account? I really need my salary, thankyou in advance, I hope this will be fixed ASAP. 

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raphael, 

I checked your contract and can see that you do not have any Weekly Payment set on your contract, and you also did not log any time last week. This is why you do not see any earnings on your Reports page. You can talk to the client to check if your client can send you bonus payment for the work you were unable to log through your Work Diary. 

Please see updated response below. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rapnav205
Community Member

Thankyou for your response ma'am, but I just got my salary from last week ma'am, and it says on my contract that I will receive 45$ per week ma'am

Raphael:

Right now you do not understand how getting paid works.

That is a BIG problem for you.

You need to learn how this works. And you need to learn how to understand your contract.

There are basically 4 ways a client can pay you:

- hourly

- fixed-price

- bonus payment

- weekly salary

You NEED to understand what these mean.

You seem to think that you have a weekly salary set up.

But you DON’T.

re: “I really need my salary, thankyou in advance, I hope this will be fixed ASAP.“

Upwork is NOT going to fix this. Upwork CAN NOT fix this.

Only Raphael can fix this.

The way for Raphael to fix this is:

You need to understand.

If you do not yet understand, then you must ask questions here and study until you understand.

Sir, I do understand how getting paid works, our contract was never changed for about a year now and getting my salary constantly every week, so I was wondering why I suddenly didn't get my salary for this week, can I show a screenshot saying that my weekly payment is $45.00? I was also wondering does pausing the contract then resuming it can affect the contract? Because my boss paused my contract last friday (Sept. 20, 2019) then my boss resumed it last saturday (Sept. 21, 2019) and I was able to get paid for that week, but this week I don't have any, does pausing and resuming the contract have to do with what's happening? I just want to clarify so I will talk to my boss if ever that's the cause, thank you for your response sir.

Your client can pause or unpause your contract whenever he wants to.

Ok sir, thankyou for responding, I'll just talk to my boss.

Preston H wrote:

Raphael:

Right now you do not understand how getting paid works.

That is a BIG problem for you.

You need to learn how this works. And you need to learn how to understand your contract.

There are basically 4 ways a client can pay you:

- hourly

- fixed-price

- bonus payment

- weekly salary

You NEED to understand what these mean.

You seem to think that you have a weekly salary set up.

But you DON’T.

re: “I really need my salary, thankyou in advance, I hope this will be fixed ASAP.“

Upwork is NOT going to fix this. Upwork CAN NOT fix this.

Only Raphael can fix this.

The way for Raphael to fix this is:

You need to understand.

If you do not yet understand, then you must ask questions here and study until you understand.

No. You don't understand how weekly salary works.

This entire long rambling insulting and clueless drivel just underlines that you should refrain from jumping to your usual conclusions and try to figure out what the heck you are talking about before you tell people that they are inferior and should be grateful not to have been paid.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raphael, 

I'm sorry for sharing wrong information. You are correct - you have a weekly payment of $45. It looks like your contract was recently paused by the client, and because of that the corresponding weekly payment was not  issued. Since the contract restarted on a Saturday, you will not receive the first weekly payment until the following week (which is this week). You may read more about Weekly Payments here, and check the following FAQs: What happens to my Weekly Payment when a contract is paused?, Will I be paid the full Weekly Payment when contract is started?.

~ Avery
Upwork
rapnav205
Community Member

Hi ma'am! Thank you so much for letting me know, I am relieved, I will tell that to my boss so that my work last week won't be neglected. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths