cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody replies my proposals, even though I am quite a spot on freelancer for some jobs

nilmuge
Nil Müge F Member Since: Jun 29, 2017
1 of 8

Hi,

I became a Top-Rated freelancer last month, and after that, replies to my proposals and invitations increased visibly. I started getting higher value jobs and getting replies mostly a quarter of my proposals. After that period, I got my first 4 star job, which was also a succesful job but the client was not a 5 star person, I guess. I asked if something was wrong, he said he was totally happy with my work and 4 star looks like a good rate. 

After that job I had to be unavailable for one week. When I come back, my JSS was dropped to %98 from %100, which is normal after that feedback, of course.

Now, for one week, I am sending proposals (sent sth like 30-35 proposals) and nobody replies. I suppose my profile and JSS should still be looking good. I am also very qualified for at least 10 of these jobs. Still, nothing. 

I wonder if there is something I couldn't see. What do you think I should do?

Thanks for your answers.

nilmuge
2 of 8

Well, somebody moved my subject to No Job Yet category. But I am a Top-Rated freelancer now and I was asking an irregularity about my jobs. Moving, without even reading the post...

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 8

Nil Müge,

Sorry about the confusion. Your post has been relocated.

~ Valeria
Upwork
thedcoder
Ace Contributor
Roshan T Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
4 of 8

Hello Nil,

I regularly check the jobs with my proposals to see if the client has interviewed anyone, I would recommend you to do that too (if you are not already ) and see how the clients behave Smiley Happy

nilmuge
5 of 8

Thanks Damon, I am also doing the same thing to figure out how they react. I was thinking maybe there is something I was missing, because there's a big drop on my responses. Maybe I should just make more powerful proposals.

thedcoder
Ace Contributor
Roshan T Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
6 of 8

Some advice about making a more "powerful" proposal: I write every proposal by hand, meaning no "templates" with small fields for dynamic elements related to the job. I instead try to include as much "unique detail" into my proposal so that I can catch the client's attention. The last thing would be keeping the proposal as short and simple as possible, I cannot stress enough on this point! Everyone hates long word walls with the normal introduction text, take advantage of this and make a good first impression Smiley Very Happy

barronrandall
Community Leader
Randall B Member Since: Sep 1, 2015
7 of 8

What I have found, especially lately, is that it sometimes takes between 3 to 4 weeks from the time I sent the proposal to the time they contact me. Clients really seem to be taking their time. I just signed a contract with a client more than a month after the proposal, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 8

A week really isn't anything, and a lot of freelancers have been reporting a slowdown mid-summer. I doubt that your issues relate to the one 4-star rating, though it's easy to see why it would seem that way. I don't think you need to do anything differently than you were doing before this little slump. Just one thing--if you're well qualified for ten of those jobs, you shouldn't be applying to 35. Keep your focus on the ones that are the best match for you, where you're not only able to do the job but one of the best possible candidates for the job for a specific reason.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS