Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Payment - Less Responsive Client

Highlighted
Imran A Member Since: Jul 17, 2017
1 of 4

Hi, 

I was hired by some one to write a business plan. i accepted & completed work on time. 

Contract fee was $340 but funded amont was only $5. i delivered work on time and now waiting since march for the remaining amount. followed up many times for payment but didn't received satisfactory reply. 

I now want to end the contract and let go what happened. but my question is will ending the contract hurt my profile rating? what if the client gives me a bad review ? though i want to end it happily with out any negative things. it should also be noted that client seems to be well experienced on work and has a good profile (Attached). 

I also requested the client that i have decided to end the contract and let go what happened but please give me a good rating. though i am not sure what is asked is right or wrong. 

Client profile & contract details attached 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
2 of 4

First thing, you shouldn't share the clients information on the forum as it is against the rules to do that here. 

Second, never just get the client to fund only $5 if the contract is for $340. You should have gotten it fully funded before starting and should not release the final work until you are fully paid. That's a way to definitely get scammed. 

Never ask for good feedback, you can ask them to end the contract and leave a review if they want. Yes, you might get bad feedback still but that depends on the client's thoughts on the work. Just do the best quality of work you can in a timely and friendly manner and you'll start getting good reviews.  It may hurt your profile, but if the client didn't like the work for some reason, it's all you can do and it is best to move on. Because you don't have many jobs it could bring your JSS down if the client doesn't recommend you and leaves bad feedback. Just keep looking for new work and recover from it by continuing to do the best work you can. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

To answer your question:

The client seems to be completely gone. If you close the contract, you will probably NOT get bad feedback from him. You will probably get no feedback at all.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
4 of 4

@Preston H wrote:

To answer your question:

The client seems to be completely gone. If you close the contract, you will probably NOT get bad feedback from him. You will probably get no feedback at all.

I though the same. If you close the contract, you can leave the client the feedback he deserved. Incase he shows up again and leaves a negative feedback you can still reply to it. Since you got at least some money the job has no negative incluence to your JSS by default unless you keep it open forever.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS