🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Non Responsive Client Asking For Free Work
Page options
raelthigpen
Community Member

Non Responsive Client Asking For Free Work

I have recently worked a client, asking for a logo on Up Work. They have  asked me to do free work, stating that they want mock ups and samples. I was new to Up Work, and have finally gotten a responsive person who wanted a job done. They constantly asked for changes, and finally I did more research into how Up Work works. I stated that they are suppose to make an offer, and make a form of contract, agreeing to pay what they've stated and me delivering a finished project. Immidiately they stopped responding, closed the job, and created a new listing for the same thing. asking people to send them mock ups and they will pay the best one. I'm highly frustrated, because I have put hours into this, and they have closed this the moment them having to pay for it was addressed. And if they have done this, then someone who doesn't watermark the logo they make for them, they can just steal it and never pay. I would like to know how to report this person, and the new job listing, since they are still doing this. Allot of my time was invested in this work, and honestly I do not appreciate that they're doing it to both me and other freelancers on Up Work.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Rael T wrote:

I would like to know how to report this person, and the new job listing, since they are still doing this.

Flag the job posting as inappropriate (client asking for free work) and explain their modus operandum in the text field.

Then move on and don't work without a contract again in future.

JoanneP

Hi Rael,

Sorry to hear about your experience with this client. In addition to Petra's advise, please check out thread which is designed to help new users on Upwork and make sure to read through the safety first section. If you have any questions, please let us know, we're here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members