🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Non US Person using a US bank account should ...
Page options
andresalas89
Community Member

Non US Person using a US bank account should pay taxes?

Hi I have a question. I'm a non-US person and I already filled the W-8BEN form. But I will like to withdraw my earnings via direct deposit to my personal US bank account. Will I have to pay taxes for that? Even though all the work has been done from outside the US and I live outside the US (non us person)
Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andreina,

We won’t be able to give legal and tax advise and recommend that you talk to a local tax adviser.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Andreina S wrote:

Hi I have a question. I'm a non-US person and I already filled the W-8BEN form. But I will like to withdraw my earnings via direct deposit to my personal US bank account. Will I have to pay taxes for that? Even though all the work has been done from outside the US and I live outside the US (non us person)
Thanks!

If your bank is physically located in the U.S. and you're going to hold money there for any length of time, then you should definitely consult a tax adviser. (And of course you should also look into what sort of registrations you need to do in your own country and how to file taxes there.)

Got it. But I can definitely withdraw my earnings using my US Bank account while being a non-US person and filling the W8-BEN form, right? Just want to confirm there would be no conflict with that

Yes, you can withdraw your Upwork earnings to a U.S. bank account no matter where you live and regardless of your citizenship.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members