🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Non-US needing to be verified to US work
Page options
hdossary
Community Member

Non-US needing to be verified to US work

Hi, I am based in Australia and have never been asked to have my ID verified.

I saw this this post that and ID verified badge will soon be required for all earning freelancers. However I cannot figure out how to do this. I tried to visit this link https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ so i could go through the process of verifying via video but it takes me back to my profile settings - seems to be that this page is only available for US and UK upworkers.

I am wanting to work with a US based client but they need me to be ID verified. What do i do? 

4 REPLIES 4
andreag22
Community Member

I am in Argentina and I got asked to verify my ID... last year! A message appeared on top of every page, they really insisted, I did not have to look for it myself. Maybe they are doing it in stages? Like from the most problematic to the more trustworthy or something.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah, 

I would like to clarify that you do not have to be verified to be able to work with a US-based client. As long as a client didn't specify that they need a freelancer located in the U.S. you should be able to bid for jobs from any clients in the U.S., or in any location. 

There are different verification processes on Upwork, and you may read more about it here. if there is a need to verify your account, you will receive a notification on your account, and through an email with more information on how you can complete your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hdossary
Community Member

Hi Avery, ok  great, so only US upworkers have to be verified? He asked me to get verified so i thought it was a requirement for someone working with a US client. I have been able to bid fine.

ok so i don't need to verify at the moment? 

Thanks

Hi Hannah,

Yes that is correct. Once you become required/eligble to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members