🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Non-circumvention and forum.
Page options
m_terrazas
Community Member

Non-circumvention and forum.

A direct question to mods (answers from others accepted) about non-circumvention.
If I have contacted (met) someone more than two years ago through the forums. Could that person hire me outside of Upwork without problem?
More of two years have passed from we had the first contact in Upwork (forums are Upwork too, right?)
All feedback is welcome, but I await an official response from Upwork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

You can refer to Section 7 of the User Agreement for detailed information. Please note that if you identified or were identified by any party on Upwork, you agree "to request, make, and receive all payments for work directly or indirectly with that party or arising out of your relationship with that party" on Upwork for 24 months.

So the case you've described would not be considered circumvention, since the relationships that have been maintained for two years on the platform may be taken outside of Upwork, and it does not violate the Upwork Terms of Service or require the Upwork Conversion Fee.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
e_luneborg
Community Member

I want to know too. 
Like, could Maria and I hire each other off platform, since we both have been active in the forum, and talked to each other, for more than 2 years?

Community Manager

Hi Maria,

You can refer to Section 7 of the User Agreement for detailed information. Please note that if you identified or were identified by any party on Upwork, you agree "to request, make, and receive all payments for work directly or indirectly with that party or arising out of your relationship with that party" on Upwork for 24 months.

So the case you've described would not be considered circumvention, since the relationships that have been maintained for two years on the platform may be taken outside of Upwork, and it does not violate the Upwork Terms of Service or require the Upwork Conversion Fee.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths