🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Non serious client
Page options
f790a055
Community Member

Non serious client

Hello there, I want to know what other freelancers think about my thought below;

We need connects to apply to a job and connects are bought with MONEY. On the other hand, clients can post job for free and it's not compulsory for them to actually hire someone. 

I have seen many clients who post jobs with a high budget that takes 6 connects to apply. After some hours or days , they post the same job again without interviewing any of the proposals on the previous post. All the connects and the time we put in the proposal literally goes to waste. 

I suggest the following actions; 

1. Charge a fee to the client for posting a job. It can be refunded when they hire someone on the job. 

2. Take actions for the client account whose hiring rate is less than 60% 

They rarely hires anyone but keep posting jobs to waste our time and connects. 

1 REPLY 1
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Yeah, if Upwork is going to charge freelancers to submit proposals then the jobs being proposed to should be real. And freelancers should be reimbursed their connects for the connects they have used to propose to a job where there was never a hire on Upwork.

I expect Upwork already keeps track of clients who post far more jobs than they hire for as one indication of clients who are hiring Upwork freelancers outside of Upwork. But as long as a client's hire rate is above a relatively small percentage, it is also reasonable to expect Upwork is just one platform where active clients go to find freelancers. So, even a hire rate as low as, say, 30% of jobs posted may just reflect that an active client has many hiring options.

But if a client consistently never interviews for jobs they've posted, that is a client who isn't serious about hiring on Upwork or a client who hires Upwork freelancers outside Upwork. Those clients should at the very least be made to pay a fee for posting their jobs and their jobs should be clearly marked for low hire rates, so freelancers know the client infrequently hires Upwork freelancers.

This is just one element of the information freelancers should be provided about clients and their history on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members