🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Able To Find Myself on the Search Results
Page options
muhmasood
Community Member

Not Able To Find Myself on the Search Results

Hi,

I am not able to find myself under a search category (Data Science & Analytics > Data Mining).
I have completed more than 50 projects in this category and I am not there in the search. I have been talking with the Upwork CSR and they says its a very big Issue we have to escalate this matter to our Technical team for further checking. I am able to see other people there and I know some of them.

Thanks

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yeah, don't worry about this. It's like this for all of us.

I think every new freelancer tries searching for themselves, and quickly gives up when they realize it's pointless to try doing so.

Preston H wrote:

I think every new freelancer tries searching for themselves, and quickly gives up when they realize it's pointless to try doing so.

What do you mean by this ? I am here since 2013 and It was never like this.

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"

I gave up seaching for myself after my first week on Upwork. I can't hire myself anyway, and I don't get paid for searching for or finding myself. It seemed pretty pointless.

Clients are not going to search for you by name.

Search results are rotated.

So searching on Upwork is not like searching using Google.

There are dozens of threads in the Forum already dedicated to this topic. You can do a search in the "Subject" box in the Forum and read a ton of information about this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths