🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Billed for Full Hours
Page options
c14b1d8c
Community Member

Not Billed for Full Hours

I logged about 4 hours for my contract but only 2 are showing up in my billings. The contract has ended and the client is, fortunately, being responsive, I just don't know how to get the system to bill for the total hours. Help would be much appreciated as I also can't figure out how to get in touch with customer support. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need to contact Customer Support.

The important thing to do now is to figure out what you did wrong.

You need to identify what you did wrong, so that you can avoid making the same mistake again in the future.

Here are some mistakes OTHER freelancers made:

- Worked for 4 hours this week, but maximum allowable hours per week was set to 2 hours.

- Worked two hours at the end of the week, and two hours at the start of the next week. Did not realize the week ends at midnight, Sunday, UTC.

- Tried using the time-tracker as a time clock. It is not a time clock. It doesn't log time during periods with insufficient mouse/keyboard activity.

- Looked at work diary and saw only two hours today, without realizing that other hours are showing on a different day. May have forgotten to look at timezone setting: local time versus UTC.

- Worked for four hours, logging two hours on the proper contract, and two hours on a different contract.

richardrader
Community Member

Are you sure part of the payment is not on the following week? Payments are in the UTC, so some hours today may be in next week's payment. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia, 

It looks like you the missing time segment you're referring to was logged during the 11/29-12/5. Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle.

For hourly contracts, all the hours logged are automatically invoiced to your client, and funds become available following the Weekly Billing Cycle. Kindly check the schedule below:

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

If you check your Reports page (Reports > Overview), you will see where in the billing cycle the payment is. If the payment is in the Pending tab, this means it's already in the security period. You may read through each tab to know when you can expect the payment to be available on your account.

I hope this clarifies it for you. Let me know if you have further questions!

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Julia E wrote:

I logged about 4 hours for my contract but only 2 are showing up in my billings.

They are all 4 there, just across 2 different work weeks.

The two hours worked during the week that just ended will be billed today (Monday).

So nobody did anything wrong and all is as it should be.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members