cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Even a Proposal Review?!!?

Julian B Member Since: Oct 4, 2015
31 of 45

so it doesnt intrest you to know what qualifies a person or to do any background on somone your going to send money to? ... never crossed my mind that people would blindly hire anyone

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
32 of 45

@Julian B wrote:

so it doesnt intrest you to know what qualifies a person or to do any background on somone your going to send money to? ... never crossed my mind that people would blindly hire anyone

Julian,

The kind of jobs and the small amounts offered here normally don't justify any background research.  I don't know how long you have been on the site already but it took me several months to land my first job here. 

Ace Contributor
Juan C Member Since: Nov 21, 2013
33 of 45

If the objective is to get that first job I'd say change your terrible attitude first.

34 of 45

you know nothing of my attitude or the context of my speech seeing as how your simply reading text. get a life

Ace Contributor
Michael M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
35 of 45

I'm new as well, I can't speak for your proposals(I haven't seen them, I don't happen to be psychic...though that would help in getting clients), I have had a decent amount of luck, I agree about the headshot, but what I recommend is getting an impartial friend to take a look at one of your proposals to gauge what you do well and what you don't.

Trust me, if an idiot like me with minimal portfolio and only high school level experience can manage to find work, you can to.(I hope so anyway, we live in this backwards world after all)

My other recommendation is to do what I did, my a dirt cheap job(Even one outside of your main field), that you can do, get hired(obviously), and do it just to have 1 job on your profile. I imaging clients look at someone who hasn't done any work for the site yet as untrustworthy.

Others may disagree with me(Please do, I'm new), but that's what worked for me.

36 of 45

thank you to the people who actually tried to help. yes my pic was changed throughout this  thread one time, as i said i would do. its interesting how idiotic and judgmental a lot of you are.. but thats our wonderful country. one of you mentioned someone taking a job for 4 dollars an hour. things like that is beyond ridiculous. also a multitude of catch 22's and contradicting views on pics. I also find it amusing that the site itself suggest everything that seems to be an issue. if i were to hire someone, i want to know why they are qualified, whether they have experience on this one website or not. I want to know what they will be using and is it quality equipment/software/etc in order to get the best job done. A lot of people seem to think that seeing an abbreviation is a problem, then they also say the clients arent reading through everything, which begs the question: why not abbreviate if they arent even taking time to read full sentences... and if someone doesnt know what good morning america is... sigh.... anyway thanks again to those who actually wanted to help. i kudo's those post. everyone else... what a waste of reading lol

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
37 of 45

@Julian B wrote:

thank you to the people who actually tried to help. yes my pic was changed throughout this  thread one time, as i said i would do. its interesting how idiotic and judgmental a lot of you are.. but thats our wonderful country. one of you mentioned someone taking a job for 4 dollars an hour. things like that is beyond ridiculous. also a multitude of catch 22's and contradicting views on pics. I also find it amusing that the site itself suggest everything that seems to be an issue. if i were to hire someone, i want to know why they are qualified, whether they have experience on this one website or not. I want to know what they will be using and is it quality equipment/software/etc in order to get the best job done. A lot of people seem to think that seeing an abbreviation is a problem, then they also say the clients arent reading through everything, which begs the question: why not abbreviate if they arent even taking time to read full sentences... and if someone doesnt know what good morning america is... sigh.... anyway thanks again to those who actually wanted to help. i kudo's those post. everyone else... what a waste of reading lol

Maybe Good Morning America means something to you but what about the person living in Northern England or Scotland or anywhere else in the world??? You do know there is another world outside of the USA.

You think we're judgemental...this from the person who immediately played the race card.

Why would you care what equipment I use. I have a computer for my work...do you know what one is? Will you not hire me if it is not a superior model.

You have wasted the time of many who tried to help you. You've got an attitude that is going to shine through on every proposal you do and that means no jobs for you. 

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
38 of 45

Julian, I'm new here too and haven't gotten my first million yet (pfft..no doubt never will..lol) but fighting people that are trying to give you constructive criticism.. the ones that have a lot of experience  here, isn't the best thing to do. What's happening is, that if any of the people you slagged off were in the market for your service.... you just messed that up. Yes, you've been rude to clients who are also freelancers. 

I had a client contact me because of my style of writing and that person read my posts in the forum. You're not advertising as a writer, but you could post here and someone might say, hey! We need Julian to tweak our sound (i'm not in the music industry, so bear with me) and I've seen his posts. Seems like a cool guy, lets inbox'im.  It could happen just like that. 

You might have not have been happy with some of the very sound advice you've been given, but they wouldn't have given it to you had they not been supportive of new freelancers. You know how much support I've gotten from other freelancers right in this forum? Too much to go into without putting you to sleep. Without them, I would be sitting all by my lonesome wondering why I never got a job. And I wouldn't have a dollar to my name. I have some dollars though. lol.. 

You might not be open right now to hearing the right things but maybe you will in future. The forum is very forgiving (the people, not the people that banish us for violating community guidelines.lol) and we just want to help people here. If people don't want help, not much we can do about it but at least we tried. 

So it's up to you how you want to operate your business but keep in mind that when you post in the forum about not getting jobs, you might get people that try to help you find solutions so that you can be happy and prosper. 

Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
39 of 45

@Julian B wrote:

yes my pic was changed throughout this  thread one time, as i said i would do

You'll have to change it again I'm afraid, as it is now a policy violation....

Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
40 of 45

I have been following the thread...

At this point in time, the photo is better as it shows you representing the work you do in the background. I agree your profile is better as well...but 

that one glaring thing in the SAE description...no one cares that the school was featured on GMA. That is what the school achieved. What did you achieve at the school? What was the name of the program? We need to know what certification, degree, etc. you received and/or a description of the training you received from SAE.  

It's not easy to navigate a website such as this if you've never done it before. It is something you constantly improve upon over time. Stay the course. Smiley Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS