🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Getting Frst Order On Upwork
Page options
578814d6
Community Member

Not Getting Frst Order On Upwork

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my disappointment that I have not received any orders on Upwork. I have been an active member of the Upwork community for several months, and I have taken steps to ensure I am properly utilizing the platform to its fullest potential.

I have ensured that my profile is up-to-date and accurately reflects my skills and experience. I have also actively sought out clients and applied for relevant jobs that match my skills. Despite these efforts, I have yet to receive any orders.

I understand that there are many talented freelancers on Upwork and that the competition for jobs can be fierce. However, I am confident that I have the skills and experience necessary to be successful on the platform.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance you may have to help me improve my chances of getting orders on Upwork.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Kamran Laghari

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Kamran,

I'm sure you are applying to relevant jobs that match your skills and there are only a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting hired.

First, read through Annie Jane's post and follow her recommendations--there is a wealth of information there and in the links she provided.

Additionally, your Computer Science degree, your certificates, and your employment history are quite recent, so you are competing against many Full Stack Developers with 10-15 years of experience. I used to be a Full Stack Developer, so I know how competitive it is.

Even though your background is more recent and you don't have an Upwork work history, you may want to consider increasing your hourly rate. Many clients, in my opinion, will see $5/hour for a Full Stack Developer and immediately think you have no experience and/or your work is low quality. Some of the most popular Full Stack Developers on Upwork are $50-$100/hour. You probably don't want to set yours that high, but I would consider at least $30/hour.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Kamran,

We understand you haven't gotten your first project yet. I checked your profile and noticed that you have nor submitted any proposals in the last 11 days. We highly suggest for you to continue sending proposals to increase your chance of getting interviewed by a client and getting hired.

You may also want to consider updating your specialized profiles to make them more attractive to clients. I noticed that the description for your general profile and specialized profile are the same.

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

i have spent all my connects on proposals

celgins
Community Member

Kamran,

I'm sure you are applying to relevant jobs that match your skills and there are only a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting hired.

First, read through Annie Jane's post and follow her recommendations--there is a wealth of information there and in the links she provided.

Additionally, your Computer Science degree, your certificates, and your employment history are quite recent, so you are competing against many Full Stack Developers with 10-15 years of experience. I used to be a Full Stack Developer, so I know how competitive it is.

Even though your background is more recent and you don't have an Upwork work history, you may want to consider increasing your hourly rate. Many clients, in my opinion, will see $5/hour for a Full Stack Developer and immediately think you have no experience and/or your work is low quality. Some of the most popular Full Stack Developers on Upwork are $50-$100/hour. You probably don't want to set yours that high, but I would consider at least $30/hour.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members