🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not Getting Jobs even on Plus package
Page options
abr88
Community Member

Not Getting Jobs even on Plus package

Hello,

Can anybody help me ?

I have signed up work Plus package. I have good work history but still I have not gotten any new job since one month.

Can anybody review my profile, profilt picture, title, overview and portfolio and give me suggestion how can I improve profile so I can get jobs.

looking forward positive and prompt response from community guiders and gurus.

thank you in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you get your feet back in the game. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
ahmad2474
Community Member

Your Profile is not public how can I review it.

Anyhow Plus Package does not sures you that you will get a Contract it has it's own benifits.

Getting a Job depends upon your skills your profile your Portfolio majorly your work history and reviews. You need to be patient like me I'm also not getting Job so all i can say just try to write attractive proposal so client should review your profile and can consider you.

Thanks

abr88
Community Member

Thank you so much for detailed reply.

I put profile as public. please reveiw now and reply me concise and sepicific answer.

Abdul R wrote:

Thank you so much for detailed reply.

I put profile as public. please reveiw now and reply me concise and sepicific answer.

It is still set to private.

This is set as public.

Thank you Jenifer to take time to reply me.

Please check now again.

https://www.upwork.com/fl/abdulrasheed41

Jennifer check now please.

Abdul R wrote:

https://www.upwork.com/fl/abdulrasheed41

Jennifer check now please.

My first impression is: Too Long. Clients don't come here to read novels. They want you to get work done.

Also the level of English used in the profile differs from the English used here in the forum. How is the English you use in your proposals?

Then I also believe clients would use someone from their local markets since local laws apply as well.

Thank you Jennifer for the help and took time to advise me.

I will recheck and rewrite my overview and will improve english too.

Please reply me on the proposals when you have time. thank you again.

Jennifer, can you give me example of English in my profile? so I can make sense how I move toward english improvement.

AR,

Have to agree with Jennifer that your profile copy is a bit too lengthy.

I would have to say however, that the primary problem with your profile is that it very clearly needs a thorough proof/edit to clean up the numerous, minor grammar/syntax errors.

Since you've listed your English proficiency as "Fluent", this is a big problem.

Upon reviewing your profile any native speaker wil immediately understand that your copy, while not too bad, is clearly NOT fluent.

In your niche however, I don't think this is an insurmountable problem.

Simply cut and clean up your copy at least one more time and keep it simple.

Best of luck to you.

Work smart, work safe!

Thank you William.

I will review my overview tomorrow and clear the mistakes in grammer.

AR,

You're very welcome.

Once again, because your niche is bookkeeping/accounting I don't think the language is a deal-breaker. 

Just focus on simple sentneces that highlight your strengths and experience, and cut out all the rest.

Remember- you're crunching numbers, you're NOT writing a book.

Best of luck to you,

wb

abr88
Community Member

Hi,

Since last 90 days, I am not getting new jobs. I have 90% job score and plus subscriptions.

Can anybody see my profile and suggest me any improvement.

Thanks

Abdul R wrote:
Hi,

Since last 90 days, I am not getting new jobs. I have 90% job score and plus subscriptions.

Thanks

How is this different from your previous thread?

No new answers would be more helpful than original ones.

Thank you Antun for pointing it out.

I learnt from previous thread answers and improved my profile.

But still goal is not achieved so I requested again all memebera. May be somebody has new idea.

Thank you

Abdul R wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Remove all of the capitalized words.  It reads as if you are screaming.  Customize your proposals.  Keep applying.  Be positive. It will happen. 

Perfect.

Thank you very much for seeing my profile. I will remove Capitalized words.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you get your feet back in the game. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
abr88
Community Member

Thanks a lot. This helped me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths