Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Message Notifications

kcdermodywriter
Community Leader
Karen 'K.C.' D Member Since: Dec 11, 2015
1 of 6

There seems to be a problem with message notifications again. I'm not getting anything at all - have had a lot of messages today and the only way I know is by going to the site which is causing a delay in replying. These aren't messages I've read before it has a chance to go out either. Anyone else having this problem or know if it's already been reported?

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 6

Hello K.C.

I'm sorry to hear that. Could you please give us some more details so we could assist you with your notification problems? Thanks!

Untitled
kcdermodywriter
Community Leader
3 of 6

What details do you need? It's occurring with all messages today. The only thing I've received is a milestone update notification. 

If you're looking for an example, I received one from *** Edited for Community Guidelines *** at 12:11 p.m. Pacific time. I didn't receive it until I went to the site and saw it there at around 12:40 p.m. 

Thanks for your help.

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
4 of 6

Hello K.C.

Thank you for the additional info. I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
shohelparves
Sohel P Member Since: Feb 7, 2015
5 of 6

Hi, I really never experienced this problem but passing worst problem, my message center is not loading for few day, just discovered actually it's my ISP I should blame not upworkSmiley Happy

I think you spotted the problem, but did you checked your UpWork account Notification Settings? https://www.upwork.com/ab/notification-settings/

I can see in the notification settings page, one notification button is pre-selected by upwork system (meaning you've no option to modify the button) "Payment receipts and other financial related emails", which i think about related notification you only got "milestone update notification". 

You can uncheck All other notification messages/buttons, meaning you'll not get any notification message from upwork except about "Payment receipts and other financial related emails" and upwork support notification.

kcdermodywriter
Community Leader
6 of 6

No, have not figured out the issue. I'll report it to Upwork, for some reason I thought there was someone from Upwork on these threads too. I have checked the settings, thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS