🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Getting Response from Proposals
Page options
umer7133
Community Member

Not Getting Response from Proposals

Hi Everyone, I want to discuss that unfortunately, I am not getting a response from proposals.

I have Submitted a Total of 14 proposals last 3 weeks, but have not attended any single interview.

all my proposals are Boosed and still in the top 3 positions but I checked, and just 2 clients hired someone on their job.

and even not interview anyone else.

I Spend almost 140 connects and was demotivated because of unresponsive clients 😞

can anyone suggest any tips and any moderator please help me by checking my profile, if there is anything wrong

like profile picture or description etc.

I will always appreciate your kind help

Thanks  

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Umer,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Resources and find some excellent topics there. I've also pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
gratified
Community Member

This platform has went downhill very fast. There's no longer decent paying jobs, job invites are next to none, way to many people applying for the same job, the boosting just eats up everyone's connects and forces them to buy more (which makes UpWork more money but no one else). This used to be a highly regarded platform for companies seeking professionals but just by looking on LinkedIn and other platforms, it is no longer trusted. Not to mention the huge amount of scam jobs that are constantly being posted. Freelancers no longer get what they pay for on this platform.

sh_jyoti
Community Member

Hi,

I am going through the same phase (I won't call it a  problem).

The reason is obvious, there are way too many reponses to every job.

BUT, the real resaon behind this resoan is changed full-time job scenario in the outside world due to Covid lockdowns.

Now people are looking for income avenues as freelancers more than ever. This is the new reality and instead of blaming Upwork for this, we freelancers should accept the new reality.

How to succeed in this "new reality"?

• Focus on your strengths.
  • Specializ in one or two aspects of your core abilities.
  • Bid to only those jobs that need these abilities, that means bid to fewer jobs.
  • Write new copy for evey proposal, based on the requirements of the job.
  • Like stock markets, your wins don't depend on how many trades you do but how many successful trades you do.
  • Do not boost all proposals, but only those which are closest to the client's job requirements.

I hope these points will help you save connects and apply with awareness in changed circumstances.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members