Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Response in Proposals

Community Leader
Patricia M Member Since: Aug 8, 2016
41 of 53

Hey, folks

I'm very surprise about your concerns. I've ten month as an Upworker, and I got my first client in just one month. My husband was in another platform and recently become an Upworker too, and got his first job on 15 days. I think the picture is very important, and also to bid on jobs that you are really capable to do.

About the cover letter: keep it short, be precise. This a good platform, and I'm pretty sure that everybody can be succesful here

Fakruzzaman A Member Since: Apr 5, 2016
42 of 53

Hi there! It's been two months that I am not getting any new jobs. I do apply regularly on new job post. but there is no response at all! my profile is 100% ok and my job success score is more than 90% now. so what's the problem? is my profile is hidden or something wrong with my profile? please help me

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
43 of 53

Lots of competition.

[a3e2ad2fe1de079e7ff717e20c59d5b3]_Image%202017-09-08%20at%201.59.36%20PM.png

Prateek D Member Since: Jun 22, 2016
44 of 53
I am also facing the same problem. It looks like even the client exists or not. Smiley Sad
Partha G Member Since: Jan 16, 2017
45 of 53

but your profile is good have lots of job done ?

Elizabeth R Member Since: Sep 2, 2017
46 of 53

I've been having a similar experience. Mind you, the freelance dance is a tricky one, I find. When I first joined Upwork, I received responses to my propsals immediately. The first asked me my rate which I thought had instantly populated (I guess not?). I replied with my hourly, and they told me that I was too expensive. When I responded, once again, and mentioned that I'd be willing to renegotiate (as I'd like to build up my profile), I got no response. Similar experience with the second. Ever since...crickets in response to all of my Upwork proposals.

I don't know if the system knows I've missed out on jobs and has moved me down the ladder? Again, a tricky dance because I book work fairly consistently outside of Upwork and I know that I'm good at what I do, but it's a perpetual hustle trying to figure out which platform gives me the biggest return, as quality proposals do take time and energy. My biggest fear is going sigificantly lower than what I'm worth on Upwork, just to bbuild my profile, and becoming over-booked with work I can't sustain myself on, only to then have to turn down work that comes in from outside clients with deeper pockets due to time constraints. Hoping to find my sweet spot on here, as I know some people have tremendous success on Upwork. 

Good luck to everyone else! I'm open to any new suggestions that you guys have, and would love to hear from you if you can relate to my "semi" quality endeavor. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Harry H Member Since: Feb 16, 2018
47 of 53

I have the same problem. I have already submitted 8 proposals since November. Not one response. How do I know my proposals are being looked at? Can someone look at my profile and see if I'm missing something? Maybe my proposals are too short? Maybe they see the money I'm charging and refuse to open and read it. I'm lost. 

Hoang K Member Since: Apr 4, 2018
48 of 53

I have the same problem. I already got 01 job then the other proposals could not get any response from the client even it fits 90%. Anyone can give me a reason/solution?

Thank you a lot, 

Kim

Izadora B Member Since: Jan 9, 2017
49 of 53

Same here! I don't know if my profile is good because nobody aswers my proposals. Smiley Sad 

Fawad A Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
50 of 53

Hi Prateek!

I went through your profile and found that you're a top rated freelancer with over $10k earnings on Upwork now. What helped you achieve this status?
I'm going through a similar stage you went through once on Upwork. It's my third month on the platform and I've only landed one job. Everyday, I submit proposals to projects but I fail to get any response. Even my profile has now been set to private because I've failed to earn money on Upwork for a while. I don't know what else I can do to start landing jobs on Upwork. 

Can you kindly review my profile and suggest some areas that need improvement?

Please, help a brother out!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS