Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Upwork Email Notifications

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
1 of 22

Not sure if there's a thread for this, but for the past week or so, I haven't been getting most of my usual email notifications for important account activity, such as job invites or if a client ends a contract, etc., even several hours after it happens.  

Some email notifications for job invites are coming through immediately, so not sure what the deal is here...

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 22

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not consistently receiving notifications on your account activity. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and tried a different browser? Also have you checked if you are using an updated browser? 

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You can also send me a DM and provide screenshots of invites where there were no notifications received so that I can share with the team for further checking.

-Joanne
Untitled
iaabraham
Community Guru
3 of 22

Thanks for the response. I haven't cleared my cache or cookies, but I don't want to, as that's a solution that's propsoed all the time and almost never works.

I don't have a different browser to try (but I shouldn't have to), and my current browser is updated.

Surely this doesn't have anything to do with my browser if some notifications are coming through? A few other Upwork users mentioned similar issues on another forum, so was checking here to see if the team is aware of the problem.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 22

Isabelle, private message me as I have the same problem (see ToS thread) and will share the name of the one person who seems to be on top of things.

@ moderator Joanne Marie:  this is a known issue with the platform.  Cleaning cookies, etc. will not help. Tech end correction will. 

View solution in original post

tgano
Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
5 of 22

Wendy, can you pass on the info to me as well. I am having the same issue Isabelle is.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 22

Hi Isabelle and Tracye,

Thanks for following up and confirming that these steps do not work on your end. I have escalated this to our team and a team member will reach out to assist you further. 

Again, we apologize for the trouble.

-Joanne
Untitled
elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
7 of 22

Isabelle Anne,

I had the same problem twice in the past 3 weeks - there was a point where some invites wouldn't even show up in the notification list on top of there being no emails, no orange dot next to the bell etc.

I had a support ticket - and they said it was complicated. But both times whatever they did fixed the issue for me. Here's to hoping it doesn't return after the latest maintenance...

tgano
Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
8 of 22

I am having the same exact problem...NO emails and NO invites. I have never in the 10 years on this platform had next to no invites.

iaabraham
Community Guru
9 of 22

Just to update this thread, I got an unsatisfactory response from CS saying "As per our Engineers, it shows that email notification has been successfully sent to you. We can also see that you recently received a job interview. May we suggest you to please check your spam/filter or email rerouting/forwarding."

Notifications are working again, but there was definitely a bug, as I wasn't the only one experiencing this issue. I don't know whether the team quietly fixed it or it resolved on its own (probably the latter).

Why can't Upwork own up when there are bugs? Why must I get insulting responses from the team implying that there's something wrong with my email filters when we all know the issue lies with the site (like always)?

e7dda43b
Paolo P Member Since: May 3, 2018
10 of 22

This issue is NOT solved. Still struggling with the support team to find a solution. ZERO emails from the registration until today. Cannot verify my email, cannot unlock features in the website, cannot get in touch with freelancers. This is almost one week now. Open a ticket through chat, no response so far.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS