Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Upwork Email Notifications

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
11 of 22

Hi Paolo,

I can see that you have opened a ticket yesterday and our team is nearly finished investigating this. Our team will reach out to you shortly and assist you further. Thank you!

Untitled
priyum521
Mallik R Member Since: May 24, 2018
12 of 22

Hi There,

Even i am not getting any email notification on my proposal submission.

I sumitted almost 9 proposal but I got only one email. 

Now I am not sure whether remaining proposal submitted succesfully. Also when I view the job listing, I don't see any count increased.

can you please let me know if am i doing wrong.

*** By the way, I joined couple of days back only on upwork platform.

Thanks
Mallik
nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
13 of 22

Hi Mallik,

One of our team members will be reaching out to you to help look into your notifications issue very shortly. You'll be able to correspond with them via the ticket being created about the problem. Thanks!

~Nina
thebrassglass
Jacinta M Member Since: Feb 27, 2018
14 of 22

Sometimes I get email notifications of messages and sometimes I don't. This week, I did not receive an email notification about an interested client reaching out to me to offer me a job I applied for. I was away from my computer and did not see the message for four days, despite checking my emails daily. By the time I logged on to UpWork on my computer and saw I had a message, the client had already picked another applicant.

I want to be very clear that this issue has cost me a freelance job. I want you to understand that. It is not acceptable.

This is the third time something like this has happened with UpWork. Ironically, I DID get an email notification when the same client messaged me to let me know he had picked another applicant.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
15 of 22

Hi Jacinta,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your notifications. Someone from the team will reach out via email to assist you further. Thank you for your patience. 

-Joanne
Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 22

@Mallik R wrote:

Hi There,

Even i am not getting any email notification on my proposal submission.

I sumitted almost 9 proposal but I got only one email. 

You do not get any email notifications when you submit a proposal.

Most clients get dozens of proposals to their job posts and most do not respond to the majority of applicants, just the ones they want to interview.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
17 of 22

Goran and/or other mods,

Y'all might want to check my still OPEN ticket on this issue.  You will see an apologetic note from CS reading (paraphrased as posting it in toto is against **community guidelines**) that the issue is known but that Upwork does NOT (and will not) have a fix or solution.  

sheilakc1
Sheila C Member Since: Nov 13, 2019
18 of 22

Has this problem been resolved since July of 2018? 

I did not get a notification about a message sent on Thursday 11.28.19 (Thanksgiving Day) and since I was traveling and got no notifications, I did not log in to Upwork until today, Monday, 12.2.19.  So I was 4 days late in finding out that they wanted to talk to me either Friday or Saturday of last week.  I am of course eager to land my first copywriting assignment on Upwork, so am replying to everyone quickly (if I know there is a message).  

My notification settings are for "all activity" for desktop, mobile and email.  However, I have never seen a notification on either desktop or mobile, so rely on email for this. I am new to Upwork so I'm not sure where I should be looking for the desktop and mobile notifications. Please advise re where I need to go to see my notifications.  

See attached screenshot for my notification settings.  

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
19 of 22

Hi Sheila,

Notifications for new invites will appear under the bell icon at the top of the page and will be sent as an email notification (also provided they are enabled in the Notification Settings) but will not be sent as a browser alert. I checked and the notification for this invite was sent to you, you can check that by clicking on the bell icon. 

Email notification is not sent if a message is registered as "read". A message would register as "read," when Messages are open in a browser tab or in the desktop app. If you have Upwork.com open in your browser or have Messages open in the desktop app, email notification would not be sent to you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
sheilakc1
Sheila C Member Since: Nov 13, 2019
20 of 22

Am I supposed to be getting an email notification every time a client messages me on Upwork, or only for the first message (assuming it has not been seen in the browser)?  Sometimes I get an email with the subject header "you have unread messages for (job listing)." Other times there is no email at all.  

Also, is there any way to search in this forum for my own questions?

Thank you. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS