🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Gotten a job for the past two months on U...
Page options
3e219536
Community Member

Not Gotten a job for the past two months on Upwork

Hey everyone, I don't know what's going on, but I haven't gotten a job since my last one. Early this year I got a logo design job and then after that I got another one, and then another one again. But after that last one since february I haven't gotten any jobs since then. Please is there anything I'm doing wrong that I'm not noticing? Please someone show tell me what's going on. My profile is up to date. I have enough portfolios to show my work and a well described profile but still I still haven't gotten a job 😞

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Promise, 

I understand that you're having a hard time getting hired on Upwork. Don't worry. This happens to a lot of talent too. Some top freelancers have shared that work seems seasonal - there are months when jobs are very available, and there are some months when job listings for your category are thin. During this time, you may want to try updating your profile and your portfolio or upskilling to support your current skills. Don't lose hope just yet!

I visited your profile and have a few pointers you may want to apply if you don't mind. Firstly, I recommend editing your profile overview by removing "Dear Future Client" at the beginning of your overview. When clients browse profiles, they only see the first two lines of a freelancer's overview in their search results. You have to make sure that you can capture your client's attention with the first two lines of your overview. Make it about them, and highlight how you can resolve their problem instead of talking about yourself. Answer the question - "How can I help you with their problem?"

Also, you may want to check out these resources for great tips and insights on how to become more successful on Upwork: 

I hope this helps, Promise! Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Promise, 

I understand that you're having a hard time getting hired on Upwork. Don't worry. This happens to a lot of talent too. Some top freelancers have shared that work seems seasonal - there are months when jobs are very available, and there are some months when job listings for your category are thin. During this time, you may want to try updating your profile and your portfolio or upskilling to support your current skills. Don't lose hope just yet!

I visited your profile and have a few pointers you may want to apply if you don't mind. Firstly, I recommend editing your profile overview by removing "Dear Future Client" at the beginning of your overview. When clients browse profiles, they only see the first two lines of a freelancer's overview in their search results. You have to make sure that you can capture your client's attention with the first two lines of your overview. Make it about them, and highlight how you can resolve their problem instead of talking about yourself. Answer the question - "How can I help you with their problem?"

Also, you may want to check out these resources for great tips and insights on how to become more successful on Upwork: 

I hope this helps, Promise! Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
3e219536
Community Member

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members