Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not Hired!

bansal_ajay
Ajay B Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
1 of 9

Hello Everyone,

I am professional graphic designer with over 18 years of experiemce.  Now I am focussing on upwork for future. I am trying very hard for projects. I bid 30-40 prosposals but no response. Although I have one project which is in progress. I want to  know where I am going wrong. Please help. 

Regards

Ajay

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 9

The first thing to do is remove that link to your portfolio. It could get your account suspended. They are not allowed here when there is a way to contact your privately through that site.

You might want to repay the money made for that one contract with the bad feedback. It has really lowered your job success score. Although you will lose some point by refunding the $5, what you gain by removing it will be worth it.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

bansal_ajay
3 of 9

Thanks for reply!

I removed link to portfolio

How I can refund money to that contract. By refunding amount is it will not shown in my work history

Regards

Ajay

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

You should be able to refund it, as it isn't a year yet since the contract closed, unless that has changed recently.

You would have to go to the contract and do it from there.

Please note that a refund will make the feedback go away, and might minimally boost your star rating (but as feedback is Dollar weighed I doubt it will make any noticable difference as it was only $ 5.00) but will not improve your Job Success rate, which is dangerously low...

bansal_ajay
5 of 9

Hi

Since it is now long time now I can't refubd money to them. I have a profile with 4.80 scroe please suggest some techniques which help me 

Regards

Ajay

seshu84
Seshachalam M Member Since: Aug 28, 2015
6 of 9

Hi Ajay,

Even i am also trying very hard to get the work. I bid ~60-70 projects sofar, but not hired yet.

I am a graphic designer with 9 years of experience. I don't know where i am going wrong.

Regards,

Seshu

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 9

Your profile is set to not public, so nobody can see you.

bansal_ajay
8 of 9

No I have seen profile settings it is public 

regards

Ajay

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
9 of 9

Ajay,

I was referring to Seshachalam.