Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Email Notifications for Interviews

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
1 of 2

I received an invite to interview for a job a day ago, and didn't receive any email notification for it (I only saw it when I went to the Upwork site).

This happened a month ago, and when I opened a ticket with CS, they were as unhelpful as usual, asking for a screenshot of my [empty] inbox and spam folder!! In that case, I finally received the notification, almost 20 hours after it was sent and over six hours after I already declined it.

(The email is NOT hidden in my spam folders, and my notification settings are set to receive this kind of email.)

Can a moderator please help me understand if this is a temporary bug or going to be a common occurrence that affects my communication stats unless I visit the site every day? (Please don't open a ticket for me unless it's with high-level support. I am happy to share the job links with a moderator, if one can help me.) I am also posting this here in case anyone else experiences a similar issue.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 2

An update in case anyone else experiences the same: CS replied -- at least they acknowledged that there was a problem and gave a much more satisfactory response than usual:

"...I checked with our Engineers and have been informed that the email notification was generated by our mailgun service which was not sent to you due to an interruption which is back to normal now and new notifications should be sent to you the next time they are supposed to come..."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS