🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Winning Bids after 5 Projects with 100% ...
Page options
praduman508
Community Member

Not Winning Bids after 5 Projects with 100% JSS & Pro Plan with additionally buying 100 Connects,

I have gained 100% JSS , with 5 projects completed, I switched to Pro Plan & additionally brought 100 Connects but still I am not winning any projects, 

Most of the Good projcts are set bids to 16 connects plus the bids are sponsored for 50 to 60 Connects, 

How can One survive in such competion, I finished my all connects - 180 Connects in Total. including one Job where I sponsored my bid to stand on top with 70 Connects. But still. No results, Can Anyone help if I can get back my connects or how to win my  current bids.

How can I use my Freelancer Pro to win  bids

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
the-right-writer
Community Member

I have gained 100% JSS , with 5 projects completed, I switched to Pro Plan & additionally brought 100 Connects but still I am not winning any projects,

You might want to read through the forum about other freelancers who are struggling, which seems to be the majority. There is a tremendous amount of competition, and bots, and farmers, and unskilled throwing connects and boosting. Never apply for a job unless you know you are going to be one of the best, it's a waste of connects. Never boost unless you can do the job perfectly, and you really want it, Again, it's just a waste of connects.

You have work to do. Your profile shows you are a new and inexperienced freelancer; it is not complete. Millions of people have your same skills. You have to tell the client why you can do more for them than anyone else.

One survives by doing what I suggest. If there are no jobs that fit - don't ever bid. There may not be  many jobs for you here. Many excellent freelancers are keeping their foot in the door here, but are working elsewhere. With the competition, your skills must be top-notch and you need a specialty.

It often takes freelancers 100+ proposals to land a job. However, selective proposals are key. Many of the clients are scammers, and a lot are searching everywhere for dirt cheap freelancers. By the way, lowering your fee to dirt cheap won't help.

The freelancer plus, if you mean the Upwork plan, just gives Upwork money, in my opinion. The Support isn't there, the URL does you no good, and the connects are cheaper if you buy them alone.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
the-right-writer
Community Member

You might want to read through the forum about other freelancers who are struggling, which seems to be the majority. There is a tremendous amount of competition, and bots, and farmers, and unskilled throwing connects and boosting. Never apply for a job unless you know you are going to be one of the best, it's a waste of connects. Never boost unless you can do the job perfectly, and you really want it, Again, it's just a waste of connects.

You have work to do. Your profile shows you are a new and inexperienced freelancer; it is not complete. Millions of people have your same skills. You have to tell the client why you can do more for them than anyone else.

One survives by doing what I suggest. If there are no jobs that fit - don't ever bid. There may not be  many jobs for you here. Many excellent freelancers are keeping their foot in the door here, but are working elsewhere. With the competition, your skills must be top-notch and you need a specialty.

It often takes freelancers 100+ proposals to land a job. However, selective proposals are key. Many of the clients are scammers, and a lot are searching everywhere for dirt cheap freelancers. By the way, lowering your fee to dirt cheap won't help.

The freelancer plus, if you mean the Upwork plan, just gives Upwork money, in my opinion. The Support isn't there, the URL does you no good, and the connects are cheaper if you buy them alone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members