🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Your Average "Absolutely No Reason"
Page options
ezzeldeenom
Community Member

Not Your Average "Absolutely No Reason"

Today, I received an email telling me that I've committed an Upwork Profile Violation.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

That message is chopped, and only takes snippets out of my bio, making it incomprehensible.  I still don't see any violation there.  My full profile bio explains what I do in terms of services, and I've attached a screenshot here.  Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 5.57.30 PM.png

Quote:

"I help businesses create brands that resonate with their target audience. I can work with you to identify the core of what you do, why you do it, and who does it serve. By sorting that out, we have a solid foundation to build upon.

My branding process starts with discovery, during which we align the brand, its goals, and its audience’s needs, and set the brand’s attributes—that is, essentially, designing in words. From there, we scaffold up through translation to a solution that solves a problem. Based on years of formal design education and professional experience, that tried and tested framework has led to many successful branding and rebranding projects. I would be more than happy to run you through the steps over a call.

Beyond creating brand identities, I can offer creative direction where I would work with your contractors of choice, or professionals from my vetted network, to create an array of brand applications. This would guarantee that the final product—a website, for example—would be consistent with the brand identity we'd have worked so hard to create, and would take the load off your shoulders when it comes to the countless design decisions that need to be made before a proposal would be submitted for approval."

I can't see where I've violated the terms of use, made any false claim, or committed any fraudulent activity.  I deliver excellent work, and receive stellar feedback from my clients.  

Delivering great brand identities isn't against the terms of use.  Offering creative direction beyond that (on Upwork) isn't against the terms of use.  If Upwork encourages networking and such, what's wrong with recommending professionals from my network and working with them as a creative director?  If my client has an in-house designer of choice, what's wrong with offering creative direction over that (provided that I stay on Upwork with the client, of course)?

3 REPLIES 3
ezzeldeenom
Community Member

To expand on what's above, I'll give an example: the first time I offered creative direction on Upwork, it was for a client who I was already in the process of creating the visual identity for.  The client added me to their client account to help them scout and interview candidates for UX/UI here on Upwork, and we chose one.  Since then, that person has been my go-to UX/UI guy, and I always recommend him to my clients (along with my creative direction, of course).  I don't see anything wrong with that.  It is basically Upwork networking before it even became a feature.

Hi Omar,

I understand you're concerned upon receiving such a message from our team. I checked and can see you were able to reply with this information and more in your support ticket #34796322 with them. We appreciate that and, rest assured, the team will review this and update you directly via ticket as soon as possible. Please continue to communicate directly with our team, as they are the ones who can best assist you in clarifying your concerns.

~Andrea
Upwork
ezzeldeenom
Community Member

It has been well over 24 hours and I've yet to receive a response.  This is unacceptable.  Now, in addition to the ongoing invasion of my country, I have to worry about Upwork blocking my income stream.  I pay a monthly fee to never go private, whether I'm active on the platfrom or not!  This is ridiculous!

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths