🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not able to add education
Page options
bellaross
Community Member

Can't enter degree in Education Info

I'm trying to create my profile, but it won't register my education info.  I can put everything in until I get to degree.  I selected my degree from the drop-down list, but it still says in bright red "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." But I already did select the degree.  Then it won't let me press save.  I don't know what to do.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Isabella.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your Education section. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154

Hi! My school from the Philippines is not showing although I have filled out the rest of the form already. I still entered my school name as instructed it will be saved. I am sure I am not the only one who asked about this but couldn't quite find a concrete answer from filtered similar topics. Thank you!

Hi Ana Luzvina,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
616a08ac
Community Member

Hi. I am having a similar issue. I cannot finish off my profile past the education stage. It refuses to move forward and says 'error'. I have tried using a different browser and cleared my cache but to no avail. Please assist. 

Hi Nadia,

I'm sorry you're having trouble completing your profile. Can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser and trying again? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
616a08ac
Community Member

I have tried all that and it didn’t work. I am still unable to finish off my profile.

Thanks for following up, Nadia. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I've tried in two browsers to add a degree and even though I'm selecting from the drop down list, I continually receive an error to choose an appropriate degree from the list.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi Heather, 

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. Please refer to the instructions Valeria shared on this thread by saving your education information without completing the degree field as it's optional. You'll be able to go to Find Work> Profile and make changes to your profile later. Our engineers are already aware of the issue and are actively working to fix this as soon as possible. I've also shared your concern with the team. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Good day,

I am looking for assistance entering my degree into my profile, as I get an error message when I try to do so.

Thank you!

Bonny

I'm having the same issue. It is preventing me from submitting my profile

Have you found a solution or a way to contact customer support?

Hi Bonny and Michael,

Please refer to the instructions Valeria shared on this thread by saving your education information without completing the degree field as it's optional. You'll be able to go to Find Work> Profile and make changes to your profile later. Our engineers are already aware of the issue and are actively working to fix this as soon as possible. I've also shared your concern with the team. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
19acad67
Community Member

Hi Joanne,
Thank you for the referral, unfortunately the instructions by Valeria are not readily apparent. I see that in this thread, people with the same problem of not being able to enter their degree into their profile have been assisted directly by team member via a support ticket. Is there a way for myself and the others currently experiencing this problem to be assisted in the same manner? I appreciate your time.
Thank you,
Bonny

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bonny,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with completing your education information. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I cannot add my Education to my profile. When I try to select the degree type, a dropdown box appears with the degree types and a red message saying I must select an option from the dropdown box. When I select an option the red message doesn't disappear and it won't allow me to Save the entry. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? 

Hi Shane,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
czahin
Community Member

Hello 

I am having trouble inputting the type of degree in my education section.

Whenever I choose the degree type it tells me to choose from the drop-down menu.

I have attached a picture below. Thank you in advance.

Hi Zahin,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

When I enter BBA in the Education section of my profile, I'm not able to submit the form unless I remove the degree type but BBA is one of the suggested degrees. How do I enter my degree type and bypass the form validation error? 

Hi Erika,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
4c17ba14
Community Member

I'm trying to get the profile finished, but in the Education page, I select a degree from the dropdown menu, and there is a message in red saying that I need to select an option from the dropdown menu (which I am doing). It seems that the system does not recognize the any chosen option from the menu so I cannot finish my registration.I've tried switching browsers and the same thing happens. Many thanks

Hi Santiago,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete your application. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi everyone!

I am trying to set my profile up and add my education details, but it won't let me- so I can't finish my profile. My University populates in the first drop down menu, but it won't allow me to click on my study program and progress through to the rest of my profile. Is there something I am not doing right for this? I've tried it on mobile as well as on my computer.

Thanks! 

Hi Asha,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or login in with another browser to add your education. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I'm still having the issue. I have tried different browsers, on both my computer and cell phone, and I have still not been contacted by the team. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Jose Juan.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
713ddb80
Community Member

had the exact same issue.  I just put my degree in the "more information" part and added that the computer would not let me save it on top. I figured I could update it at some point when the site was being friendlier.

Same issue. I can enter my bachelor's, but nothing above that.

Hi Mary Ann,

~ Joanne
Upwork
c0793efe
Community Member

Hello! I'm having the same problem. Whenever I attempt to choose from the Degree drop down list, this message appears: "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." It won't let me complete the profile. I've already tried different browsers and cleared the cache. Thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Guilherme,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4bce16f6
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Chrome on Windows (two different computers) and the Android app. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't process my education info what should I do

Hi Jeremiah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your education info.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ida_matthiesen
Community Member

Hello,

I am not able to choose my degree on the profile, and therefore not submit my profile. It only says "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list below" and it wont save with any of the options on the drop down list. I tried "other" but this does not work either. I have tried for several days. Can you please help me?

Skjermbilde 2020-07-02 kl. 09.35.22.png

Hi Ida,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or login in with another browser to add your education. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks your your reply. 

I have tried several different browsers and even incognito mode, but it still doesn't work unfortunately. 

I have even tried from my phone. 

Hi Ida,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your education section. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members