Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to log into Upwork Support for Identity Verification

Highlighted
Ravi S Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
1 of 54

Hello, 

I am getting following message on my Upwork profile's home page:

"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

When I click on link attached to "here", I am getting redirected back to same page with same message. Instead of redirecting back to same page, I should be able to contact to Upwork Support but that's not the case.

I am getting other messages as well on other pages like on my profile view page:

"Financial transactions for Ravi Singh (XXXXXX) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

When I try to click "contact customer support" link, it behaves same and redirect back to home page with first message. I have no idea how could I contact to customer support in such situation. I feels like there is something wrong with Upwork, may be technical issue. Because in any case one should be able to contact support to have help or resolution.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravi 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 54

Hi Ravi, 

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. We'll have someone from the team to reach out to you to help resolve your issue.

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 54

Thank you Avery for the response.

My client got the email from Upwork regarding same issue with subject "Upwork Help Center: Reaching out about your freelancer, Ravi Singh"

And some part of that email's message was:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

But the problem is I am not able to contact Support, then how could I get my identity verified?

This is all detail I can provide right now.

Thanks,

Ravi

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 54

Hi Ravi, 

As I have mentioned earlier, we'll have someone from the Support and/or the Marketplace Quality Team reach out to you so that this issue can be resolved. 

-Avery
Untitled
Sukhjinder K Member Since: Jan 12, 2019
5 of 54

Hi,

I am not able to have indentity video verification call.I have just joined...

When i click here, the page is redirected to its home page again.

Please help. I am attaching snapshot to make my question more clear.

Thanks

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 54

Hi Mana,

Kindly please clear your cache and cookies and/or try to use an alternate browser to see if the issue continues to persist. If so, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
7 of 54

Hello Avery,

I am still waiting for Upwork Support to contact me to help with the issue explained. Can you please let me know the estimated time for the resolution or at least any satisfactory response from Support? This would be helpful.

It would be great to get it resolved soon because I have stopped working on client's projects due to this issue. I mentioned this point to one of client and he further contacted Support. He got the following response from Uwork Support:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Now, again it is mentioned in the message that freelancer have to reach out to Support, I tried couple of more times to contact support but not able to make any contact yet.

Looking forward to positive response. 

Thanks,

Ravi

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
8 of 54

Ravi,

Could you please try accessing the verification button on this page again? 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Theodore R Member Since: Sep 21, 2017
9 of 54

Hi my account is doing the redirect to Job feed after clicking on the video varification link and i don't know what to do.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 54

Theodore,

I see you have an open ticket about video verification and the team is assisting you. You can update them directly via that ticket. I'll also follow up with them and share the concern you shared here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS