Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to login or reset password after closing account

Highlighted
Kartik M Member Since: Feb 28, 2018
1 of 7

Hi,

I am not able to login to my account, or reset the password after I closed my upwork account. I am also not able to re-sign up with the same password. I have attached an image showing what happens when I try to sign up/log in. Please help.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

When you "closed" your Upwork account you essentially killed it, so you can't log in anymore.

You are also not allowed to open a new account.

You'll have to wait until a moderator comes along and sends your case to customer service to get your old account activated again.

Highlighted
3 of 7

Hi,
Thank you.
A rep from Upwork resolved the issue. How do I close this account? I haven't proceeded with making a profile on this because this was just so I could post in the forums.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7

Hi Kartik, 

I checked and looks like you already have a ticket with our Customer Support Team. The team will follow up with you on the ticket with more information. 

-Avery
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
5 of 7

Hi Avery,

Yes, thank you - the ticket is already resolved - I just want to close *this* account now which I made for only posting in the forums.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 7

Hi Kartik, 

Please check the emails sent to your accounts by the team so that you can request for this account to be closed. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Riki S Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
7 of 7

Hi Avery,

I am having a similar issue with my old account - I used to have an account under a different email, and I think I might have closed it as I am not able to log in with it, nor am I able to create a new log in  with it.

I'm using a temporary account with a different email, but hoping to get my old account restored or allow me to create a new one with the old email

Your help is much appreciated!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS