🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not all money received when doing Upwork to D...
Page options
agustina-gil
Community Member

Not all money received when doing Upwork to Direct Local Bank account

Hi All!

I requested a payment of $246.01 to my local bank account in Argentina. I have been doing this for a while and have had no problems until today. 

If you calculate using Upworks exchange rate, I should have received around ARS 13,900 give or take a few. However I have only received ARS10,060 - which is around USD177. 

Like I mentioned above, all have been good until today. My bank does not take any additional fees, and if they do, it would not be ARS 3.900. That is a lot of money. Where is the rest of my money?

Also I noticed that the payment came in different in the description part. Usually it shows the payment as being a cash deposit to my account, but today it showed up as a "service payment"? 

I would appreciate any help given here!

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Augustina,

Please, note that Argentinean authorities may apply some income tax retention. Check out this help article for more information. We'll also have a support ticket created for you to discuss further details.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

Perhaps you could help me as well? I had the exact same issue today, less money came in than expected. It was also labelled differently than usual. I'm very worried, as there shouldn't be any deductions based on the limits Upwork states on the article you linked.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ailen,

Please refer to the information Valeria shared in her reply above. We'll have a ticket created for you and our agent will provide more information regarding your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Ailen

I have spoken to other users and they have had the same issues. Upwork has sent me a suspicious looking document from AFIP where it states my money has been withheld. It looks like it was typed and sent, it doesnt look official at all.

I have contacted my bank, the AFIP and ARBA to see if the deductions were done by them and they have said no. As for regulations, most banks charge - 0.30% fee for any transacction between USD100 and USD 1000. Which is normal, but not as much as the amount that has gotten taken from us. 

I am still investigating to see where my moeny has gone. In the mean time, I suggest you withdraw money with Nubi. 

Attached is the document Upwork sent me from AFIP. Clearly with ortographical errors.

Hi Agustina

It happened the same to me yesterday and I'm worried too because it never happened before. In my case like 20 % of my money was withheld and that's a lot. In the description it also says "Local Payment S.R.L" and this is the first time this name appears in the description of the transaction. You say Upwork just sent you the document telling you it is from AFIP? or they told you something else? I hope we can find an answer. 

Hi everyone, 
I am from Argentina too, and the same thing happened to me, Upwork said AFIP or ARBA might charge a fee.
I contacted my bank, went to AFIP and consulted ARBA and none of them charged me for my payment. They said that if in any case, they apply retention that would appear in the resume of bank movements, so this is very suspicious and nontransparent 

inespereyra
Community Member

This was the last reply I received from Upwork support

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ines,

I understand your frustration with this and I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Check out this help article for more information. If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your ticket directly, our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

We need a solution, imagine if your salary was reduced by 30%. 
Could you help instead? The technical support of Upwork is very slow.

Did you find any answers? Iam having the same issue

Hi Santiago, 

I checked your account and can see that the team explained in Ticket #27501816 why this is the case. Kindly refer to your ticket for more information about your concern. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions about this. 

~ Avery
Upwork

That was just a general reply, it didn’t solve anything just like everyone else here is saying. They said it was due to resolución general 830/2000 but that is not the case

830/2000 was introduced in 2000 and we are all having problems after 20 years??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths