Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not allowed to end contract.

resultsassoc
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
1 of 5

I finished a contract successfully in September. I just tried to close it, and could not. Despite Upwork's instructions that both freelancer and client can leave feedback, I get popups telling me that private and public feedback must both be provided before I am allowed to close the contract. Which is the case? Can I leave feedback, or Must I leave feedback? I already closed the second contract from the client because of a slippery scope of work, and a client whose attention was all over the place, without him meeting deadlines. In that case, I withdrew the existing invoice, gave a refund of all money paid, and left both private and public feedback. I'd really like to be rid of all connection to the fellow.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 5

Whoever closes the contract MUST leave feedback. I believe you can just leave the "scale of 1 to 10" feedback and the stars. You don't have to write a comment. (Not sure you have to do the stars- someone else will have to confirm.)

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
3 of 5

Hello Bill,

If you end a contract, you are required to leave a feedback to your freelancers. Here's a link to help you end your freelancer's contract. Thank you.

Untitled
resultsassoc
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
4 of 5

I am the freelancer. I will fill out the stuff.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

@Bill H wrote:

. In that case, I withdrew the existing invoice, gave a refund of all money paid, and left both private and public feedback. I'd really like to be rid of all connection to the fellow.

That'll tank your already very low JSS drastically...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS