Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not available / Out of office settings

Ace Contributor
Monique L Member Since: Sep 23, 2017
1 of 4

Hiya,

I've been doing some digging around the not available setting on your account and wanted some clarification. 

In the past two weeks I've missed a couple of job invites because I didn't receive the email notifications (and subsequently they have counted against me), and I don't log in to Upwork every single day. If I set my account to not available, that will deter this from happening right? Does anything happen with clients that I have contracts open with?

I just saw about this 'out of office' option too, but couldn't find any more info. If I use that setting, does that block all clients from sending messages, adding milestones, sending offers? Or just some of those?  I don't need it now but will be useful to know more about it for the future if I need it. 

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before! 

Thanks Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
2 of 4

Correct. If you set your status to "Not Available", you won't receive any invitations.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 4

Hi Monique, 

If you can please send me more information through a private message about the invites you received which you didn't receive a notification for, I would be happy to look into it further. 

You may want to check the following:

If you use the Out-Of-Office setting on your Messages, your clients receive a message in their Messages page that you are out-of-office if they send you a message. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Monique L Member Since: Sep 23, 2017
4 of 4

Thanks Avery for those links, I'll have a read through them. 

And i'll message you know about the invites Smiley Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS