Did you mean: 

Not available for new work

lisawerk
Community Guru
Lisa W Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
11 of 15

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Lisa and others,

Did you decline that invitation on mobile by chance? I am following up with the team and they are investigating your and other reports of this issue. By design, your availability status shouldn't change even if you decline an invite with a reason "Too busy."

Hi Valeria,

Any response on this? Support said they would get back to me within an hour yesterday but I still haven't heard anything.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 15

Hi Lisa,

I escalated the issue with details you guys shared on this thread to our engineers and product managers and they will look into it further. I may not have an update until after the weekend though. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
lisawerk
Community Guru
13 of 15

Finally received a response on this. According to support, if you click 'too busy on other projects' when you decline a job invite, your status will automatically be reset to 'not available.'

That seems a bit silly. There are a dozen reasons I might click 'too busy' that will not affect my long term availability. (Maybe I'm too busy to take on a 40 hr. a week project, or too busy to complete a project that the client needs that day, etc.)

I'm perfectly capable of deciding my own availability and changing it as I deem fit.

On the plus side, it's easy to change back, but it would be better for it not to change in the first place.

From now on I'm going to use the mom version of decline: Reason? > Other > Because I said so.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
14 of 15
Watch out, Lisa! Upwork might not like you usurping the "Mom" role.
lisawerk
Community Guru
15 of 15

@Douglas Michael M wrote:
Watch out, Lisa! Upwork might not like you usurping the "Mom" role.

Well, there's no option for, "I have a million things to do right now and I don't even want to think about a new job, much less apply for it. That might change in a day, but I need to make sure I answer within 24 hours so fine, I decline." So, "because I said so" will have to do. 😄

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS