Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being invited to jobs?

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
11 of 31

Don't they notify freelancers somehow when they get under review?

Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 31
Vesna, there have been discussions at oDesk about beginning to notify contractors when their account is put under review, but for the most part there has never been any notice.

I believe that the current system provides no notification. This may change in the future.
prestonhunter
Community Guru
13 of 31
Sorry I don't have better news for you about this. My preference would definitely be for contractors to always be notified.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 31

Hi Vesna,

I am sorry that you have been receiving less invitations from clients. However, I have checked and your account is not under review. Freelancers can be given an advance warning asking them to improve their performance and only if no improvements are made, their accounts can be put under a formal review and they will receive a notification about that action as well.

~ Valeria
Upwork
peppee
Petronila O Member Since: Feb 6, 2015
15 of 31

Hi Valeria,

I love following your posts because you offer practical solutions.

I have the same predicament as Lynnette and have confirmed that my account is not under review. Please what is the best thing for me to do?

I have customized my profile page and only apply to jobs within my job skill.

what are the chances of me getting any new client if my applications are hidden? or should i quit Odesk?

Please assit.

regards,

Pet

prestonhunter
Community Guru
16 of 31
Valeria,
Thank you for your note about this and for your helpful links.

Although contractors may be dismayed to receive these warnings, the fact that they receive any warning or notification at all is actually a contractor-friendly improvement over the old way of doing things.

Also, it is good that there is a clear intention on oDesk's part to inform contractors when their account is put on review (or put "on hold", to use the term from the document that you linked to).

This is a helpful, positive change for contractors.

This is a relatively recent change in intention. It would not be surprising if there are still a few bugs to work out in the new notification algorithms nor would it be surprising if there are still contractors only now realizing that there is a problem with their account whose accounts were set to on hold/on review status before notifications began. I believe that no contractor should assume that their account is not on review or not heading toward review just because they did not receive a message.
success_fate
Reuben Z Member Since: Jun 8, 2016
17 of 31

Hi Valeria,

I am almost new to Upwork because it's only 2 months since I've joined.

But I've been working hard so far and luckily got Top rated Badge in my first working month

I was so happy and expected to get more long term jobs because Upwork certified my skills and professionality.

But unfortunately, I am not receiveing any job invitation recently and not sure what I have to do.

I tried to study Upwork policy again and polish my profile again according to your guide, but no luck.

I really appreciate if you check my profile and give me some advice to boost my career.

Thank you in advance

~ Zhong

peppee
Petronila O Member Since: Feb 6, 2015
18 of 31

Hi Ronald,

i am also facing the same problem as Lynnette May. I have been in Odesk since 2013 and its only now that my applications seems to be hidden. I used to appear in all the list of job applications untill 2 weeks ago when it all began. i apply for jobs within my skill set but my name is still missing from the list of applicants.

i have confirmed from the Odesk support that my account is not under review.

So Ronald, are you saying that we can do nothing about the Odesk Robots?

Since my applications are either hidden or placed below others, what are the chances of me ever getting a client? should i continue or stop applying for jobs?

Kindly offer a solution.

Regards,

Pet

Shamnas T Member Since: Feb 4, 2016
19 of 31

i got 4-5 invitations automatically from clients fter my first 2 projects. But now a days i didn't getting ny automatic invitations.

I thought  it's due to withdrawing the proposals.( i dothis for refund my connections to my account ).

And i changed my profile contents.

I got good ratings, but not getting any automatic invitations Smiley Sad

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
20 of 31

Thanks all for answers.

I just got home from travel and saw four emails. Hoped one of them would be a job interview or invite. No.

It was a message from oDesk:

"Congratulations! You have successfully verified your identity on oDesk."

My ID was verified two years ago, I have 74 jobs and over 1000 hours.

Live support agent said it's some oDesk bug and they are receiving ton of complaints.

To me it looks like a brutal joke.