Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being invited to jobs?

nicksingh
Yuneek S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
21 of 31

Hi Guys,

I am facing the similar issue and really dont know what to do ?

I have 4k+ hours logged in Upwork and as per The Upwork Freelancer Success Team, I have a sound profile.

But instead of that why I am not being invited by the clients. I have applied 40+ applications from last 4 weeks plus I have bought extra connects as well. I have received a few messages from client side where it looks like that they are interested in me. But they got disappear and not remain active there after.

Can you guys please let me know, What's been going on ? Why I am not getting the invites ? Why client taking too much time in hiring process ? 

From past few months I am looking for new long term contract and due to above said issues, I am not able to get one. If this remains continue then I will be forced to look for jobs outside Upwork.

Cheers
Yuneek Sehgal
bariew
Ace Contributor
Pavel B Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
22 of 31

Hi Yuneek. I know what is your problem because I have exactly the same one.

Have a look at these search results for you:

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=Yuneek

See the "Any experience" dropdown - there is no results for any of options. Clients can't find you because this is a one of the main three search options and it is broken (not for all freelancers though). This option is also required for new Job post - so you are not shown in "Recommended" freelancers for any job, you are not shown for any "freelancer for job" search. This bug is known for months and they can't fix it, so you should look for another platform for now, I suppose.

nicksingh
23 of 31

Thanks Pavel!

I was not aware of this issue and believe that I suffered a great deal due to this.

I tried to escalate this issue through support team. But not sure how much time they are going to take to resolve this issue.

For reference, this is my ticket id: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/5008839

Regards
Yuneek

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
24 of 31

@Pavel B wrote:

Hi Yuneek. I know what is your problem because I have exactly the same one.

Have a look at these search results for you:

No, that is not his problem.

Searching for his keyword (NO client, when searching for a skill, would search with a name. If I want an ISTQB Expert I search for ISTQB,not some random name) he appears in 3rd place on the first page...

Yuneek.jpg

nicksingh
25 of 31

Hi Petra,

That means we need to be very sure what to put in our title. I try to change it over the time so that clients can see my listed in their search/filter result.

I really want to put few more things in it but as per "The Upwork Freelancer Success Team" title should not be too long. So I need to ask you this, how long a title should be acceptable.

I saw guys who has long title got seleced as well.  

Regards

Yuneek

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
26 of 31

I think your title is fine, especially in your niche.

There does not seem to be a problem with your visibility, as I found you easily and on the first page when using relevant search terms (rather than your name which is abject nonsense, as someone who does not know you won't search for a random name)

If you are not being chosen or invited chances are the issue lies elsewhere. Maybe it is your cover letter? Are you priced in the same ball-park as others with comparable skills and comparable experience?

nicksingh
27 of 31

As an expert resource in my field, I am still not bidding that high due to sewer competition out there. I mostly quote a price according to Desired Experience Level but still, in spite of these measures I am not getting a positive response.

If you would like to view my cover letter, Please provide me your email id. Love to receive honest feedback.

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
28 of 31

@Yuneek S wrote:

Hi Petra,

That means we need to be very sure what to put in our title. […]

I really want to put few more things in it but as per "The Upwork Freelancer Success Team" title should not be too long. […]

Yuneek, I'd say that you should be very careful with adding more things, not because you may end with a title that's too long, but because you may end up choosing words that are totally irrelevant in the sense that they won't help you rank higher when a client is looking for the skill (ISTQB tester) that you have.

nicksingh
29 of 31

Hi Olga,

Can you please confirm if my current title looks alright to you?

"ISTQB certified Expert QA Engineer, QA Lead"

Cheers

Yuneek

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
30 of 31

@Yuneek S wrote:

Hi Olga,

Can you please confirm if my current title looks alright to you?

"ISTQB certified Expert QA Engineer, QA Lead"

Cheers

Yuneek

Hi Yuneek! I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS