🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Not get paid
Page options
esperanza_ir
Community Member

Not get paid

Hello. I had pending to charge 25 euros from a job that I had done in Feb. 2014. I didn’t have no PayPal account. I created one but after trying at least three times to send the money that. I had pending to charge in my account of upwork, still don’t have it in my PayPal account. It seems that transfer was not made correctly . Is it because after passing 5 years I have lost my rights.

3 REPLIES 3
mtngigi
Community Member

Any money you might have had from a job 5 years ago is surely not available now. Upwork is not a bank that will hold your money indefinitely. Not sure why you waited 5 years to look into this.

Here are two very simple general principles for you:

On Upwork, if somebody owes you money for work you did over a month ago... They no longer owe you money.

Any money that came into your Upwork account over 180 days (6 months ago) is now gone. Because Upwork can not hang onto money longer than that. At that point, funds must be returned to the source if they can't be paid out to the freelancer.

tlbp
Community Member

Guinza E wrote:

Hello. I had pending to charge 25 euros from a job that I had done in Feb. 2014. I didn’t have no PayPal account. I created one but after trying at least three times to send the money that. I had pending to charge in my account of upwork, still don’t have it in my PayPal account. It seems that transfer was not made correctly . Is it because after passing 5 years I have lost my rights.

OP, did you not have a default payment method designated in 2014?  It is likely that the funds are no longer available due to the lapse of time. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members